Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ocityst

The Hotwives of Orlando

9 posts in this topic

This is Orlando! You go BIG, or you go back to Kissimmee! Hahahah.

2 people like this

I know this show is a parody, but them choosing Orlando tells me they are treating it like a joke of a city.

^True, unfortunately. Brendan O'Connor of the weekly quotes the EP Paul Sheer as saying "it's a perfect city that exemplifies trash."

I think Paul Sheer meant "trash" of the trashy catty female kind. Not the city directly. The show actually casts a positive light on Orlando city proper, not so much Kissimmee  :lol:

Edited by Ocityst

I know this show is a parody, but them choosing Orlando tells me they are treating it like a joke of a city.

I wouldn't go that far. Orlando has always been a brand without a city in the public's mind, and one that is associated with middle America. It's a bit of a blank slate for comedy writers; it's a prominent punch line in "The Book of Mormon". You couldn't do "Hotwives of Nashville" or "Hotwives of Las Vegas" for that reason: people have strong stereotypes for both cities and each could be plausible settings for a real "Housewives" series. "Hotwives of Charlotte"? People would ask, "Where?". There are no easy targets in the pretty, pleasant Southern city in Central Florida we all know. Now, all that gaudy, tacky development that followed Disney in its wake in the southern parts; perhaps they're on to something. Can't wait to watch!

I couldn't find the "hot" ones myself.

At least there are a couple of fairly well known stars in there, like the blonde chick from The Office.

That's something at least.

And at least it's only on Hulu & not real TV.

best thing ever OMG......This describes people from Dr. Phillips  :whistling:

Anybody watch yet? I'm holding my judgment until I see the pilot tonight after work.