Southtown - South Division - Burton Heights projects

organsnyder

• 8 months later...

On 2/10/2020 at 6:47 PM, grandrollerz said:

Wow!  Very exciting to see movement on this project: https://www.woodtv.com/news/grand-rapids/restored-1930s-theater-will-serve-burton-heights-community/

Restored 1930s theater will serve Burton Heights community

Glad to see that this is moving along to a possible 2023 opening. Also, the marquee still works!

https://www.fox17online.com/news/local-news/grand-rapids-man-is-renovating-historical-former-four-star-theater-plans-to-open-in-2023?fbclid=IwAR2SBWR5kl60SvSJmH_5eYvT13tUfKlB62GUVQl-5aTr863qQs7pbGNICqA

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
12 hours ago, joeDowntown said:

Co concept from the Black Wall Street group. Looks like the first of many projects (at Eastern and Burton). 11,00 square feet of commercial space and 34 apartments:

https://grbj.com/news/economic-development/black-wallstreet-gr-vision-takes-shape/

32731307-A94B-4499-BBCA-733A08B0D65C.jpeg

I live a driver, pitching wedge away from this. This is exciting!

I like this! That intersection has been in need of a kick in the pants like this for a while and has always had so much potential. I just hope it is more than just a rendering! I do like how they preserved the unique angled parking. I've always liked those for some reason.

One thing that confuses me though are the 3 southbound lanes on Eastern. Couldn't one of those at least partially become a planted median? Maybe there is even enough room for a sheltered bus stop?

46 minutes ago, GR_Urbanist said:

I like this! That intersection has been in need of a kick in the pants like this for a while and has always had so much potential. I just hope it is more than just a rendering! I do like how they preserved the unique angled parking. I've always liked those for some reason.

One thing that confuses me though are the 3 southbound lanes on Eastern. Couldn't one of those at least partially become a planted median? Maybe there is even enough room for a sheltered bus stop?

Only one goes through. Left turn and right turn lanes are needed badly for that intersection