Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gman430

CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Perimeter Condominiums - Rhett and Markley

51 posts in this topic

Signage now up on site. Completion in Summer 2015.

I thought this was approved months ago.

More like years ago. After a certain timeframe, I believe the DRB approvals expire and the developers have to go back for re-approval.

They are good for 3 years. Maybe a change big enough to need re-approval?

It went before the DRB in October 2012 I believe. Must be some changes to the project. The rendering on the signage on site looks the same as what was approved by the DRB though.

Edited by gman430

I wouldn't mind seeing it redesigned. The current/original design had some bland flavor to it. Not the worst thing in the world (i.e. 98E McBee), but certainly not the most inspiring or character-building design.

It says a Coffee Shop, Bicycle  shop and Exercise/dance shop will be the retail space.

I did a quick side-by-side comparison between the current application and the one that was approved at the 11/1/12 DRB meeting (after changes recommended at the 10/04/12. The only change I can detect is that the original application was for 100 residential units while the current application is for 105 residential units. Other than that, the two applications appear to be the same, with identical plan and elevation views.

These apartments are going to be embarrassingly bland with Markley Row across the street. I wish the Fountains apt's design were on the Stadium site. If only Markley Row had come along first. But, glad to see so many new units popping up deep in the West End. Bring on the restaurants and bars, please!

These apartments are going to be embarrassingly bland with Markley Row across the street. I wish the Fountains apt's design were on the Stadium site. If only Markley Row had come along first. But, glad to see so many new units popping up deep in the West End. Bring on the restaurants and bars, please!

The Fountains? Which one is that? Flournoy's project?

The Fountains? Which one is that? Flournoy's project?

Isn't that the name of the Church/Broad development?

Isn't that the name of the Church/Broad development?

Oh...yes it is. Forgot that was the name of it.

Edited by gman430

No activity today. They're parking cars on site for the baseball game. Just an update.

In case you missed it in the New Developments thread, this project is now a 70 unit condo project.  

If these will be condos, then they need to upgrade the exterior design IMO.