Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gman430

PROPOSAL: 505 North Main Street mixed use development

17 posts in this topic

From another forum:

"I called Alvarez Enterprises. He said the current plan is to demolish the building and put in a mixed use, 4 story building with residences above a supermarket. Still working with architects, needs ground testing, approval, etc. Demo might start in April."

WOW!  I sure hope this is true. 
It's been quite a week.

Edited by vicupstate

Being the last parcel in the CBD on that end of main I was really hoping when it got redeveloped that it would be a high rise.

After some thought, it seems odd that someone would apply for a business license when the building it will go in has yet to be built.  Does anyone know more about this company? 

Being the last parcel in the CBD on that end of main I was really hoping when it got redeveloped that it would be a high rise.

Other sites in that vicinity could eventually provide opportunities for high-density redevelopment. Towers East and the municipal court properties immediately come to mind.

That area is practically begging for an urban Target.

Agreed. Surely Target has looked at more in-town locations, I'd hope, as Walmart wanted to put a store at Church & University Ridge.

That area is practically begging for an urban Target.

Is that site large enough for a Target?  I know we're talking about an urban Target, but it seems like too small of a site to me.

Is that site large enough for a Target?  I know we're talking about an urban Target, but it seems like too small of a site to me.

I expect an urban Target would be multi-story like the one in downtown Minneapolis. 

I'm calling b.s on this development. There is no way he has all of his ducks in a row this quickly. Unless he's financing it himself, there is almost no way he has the guaranteed money he needs. 

I'm the one who started the thread on the other forum.  It may very well be BS.  I'm pessimistic.  However, Alvarez Enterprises is in the phone book.  You can talk to him yourself to evaluate the likelihood of this project getting off the ground.  

I thought i saw people working on the interior of this building yesterday.

Heard the same rumor recently. Hard to believe they wouldn't do a nice up-fit on this.. kind of sad actually.

Have you heard anything that says that if this is true that it wouldn't be part of a nice upfit?

Walmart Neighborhood Market apparently.

I guess it will be nice to have a grocery store on the way home from downtown. I live near Overbrook so I either have to drive out of my way to Publix or past my house to the other Walmart Neighborhood Market or Bilo on East North.

Have you heard anything that says that if this is true that it wouldn't be part of a nice upfit?

Sorry... 'upfit' was not the correct word. Was more so hoping it would be demolished and the mixed use development oriented toward the street that was originally mentioned would be done. Just personal preference though... im sure the current building could be updated and look fine.