Italian Bakeries?

airdnaxela

Hello! I am wondering if anyone knows of any Italian bakeries in the Grand Rapids area? I am originally from Metro Detroit so I'm used to having an Italian bakery on practically every corner, but I can't seem to find one anywhere in GR! I've heard that Wealthy St & Nantucket are great bakeries, but I'm searching for a place that specializes in Italian fare (particularly cassata cake/cannoli/bread). Any suggestions?

Thanks! 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you find one, please post it on this forum.  My wife's family is from Metro Detroit originally and they have been driving back to Detroit for all of their Italian cookie cravings.  My wife loves Grand Rapids but she would go crazy if an Italian bakery would ever open in GR.  The two bakeries that you listed are indeed very good bakeries but I don't think they offer any products that you might find in an Italian bakery.  Pietro's on 28th Street has a bakery (I think).  I would try them or Russo's on 29th Street.  They may have what you are looking for.

Hello! I am wondering if anyone knows of any Italian bakeries in the Grand Rapids area? I am originally from Metro Detroit so I'm used to having an Italian bakery on practically every corner, but I can't seem to find one anywhere in GR! I've heard that Wealthy St & Nantucket are great bakeries, but I'm searching for a place that specializes in Italian fare (particularly cassata cake/cannoli/bread). Any suggestions?

Thanks! 

I was going to suggest Carrettino market or GB Russo's. Don't know if they have exactly what you're looking for but give it a try.

You might also try Bova Bakery in the Downtown Market.

Archived