Sign in to follow this  
gman430

121 Rhett Street

They've planted some of the vegetation along the newly redone Camperdown Way. The sidewalks are greatly improved! Can't wait to see it completed. It is definitely ready for more development, including this project.

Edited by GvilleSC

I like the proposed height and proportions. I have reservations about the exposed brick idea. Hopefully the shutters would be operational and not fixed at random patterns. I'm on the fence about aesthetics but I like the massing and use.

Edited by GvilleSC

It looks clear that courtyard for this building was designed to work with what ever Phil Hughes has planned for the adjacent lots.

Condos will be a mixture of two and three bedrooms and range in size from 1,200 to 3,000 square feet with 9- and 10-foot ceilings, said Croft. Units will be priced competitively –around $280 a square foot.

The exterior design of the property will blend in with nearby RiverPlace and other existing buildings on Rhett Street and will be an “Italianate, European design,” said Croft. Onsite amenities will include inset and Juliette balconies, an electric vehicle plug-in, onsite storage units, bike storage and green space areas along with private parking spaces underneath the building and in an interior courtyard area.

Grading and razing of the existing buildings has already begun. The application will be reviewed at the May 1 Greenville Design Review Board meeting and if approved, Croft will start pre-selling in about 30 days. Construction is anticipated to begin in September and will take approximately 12-14 months to complete.

Staff recommends approval of the project if the screening, landscaping, and lighting plans shown at the meeting are within guidelines. There are issues with the height, architecture, and interior parking area but staff believes the DRB should have the final say on that and whether any changes need to be made.

Edited by gman430

Seems to have the similar vibe to the project at Church and University Ridge but with much less emphasis on mixed use. I think this project could be improved with a little more first-level retail space. I have hopes that Phil Hughes will rectify that.

I wonder how presales are going? Seems to running very quiet. Maybe someone in Real Estate can share some insight as to if that is actually occurring right now? September is fast approaching.

Construction will start in October. Some changes have been made to the units to better fit what the perspective buyers want.

Edited by gman430

Ahem...

2B3F4599-B2C1-4E4B-8E79-BBB64266C862_zps

Several units already reserved: http://121rhett.com/index.php/style/floorplans

Glad to see this project finally approaching the construction phase. Additional quality residents in the West End should help to bolster many of the locally-owned shops and restaurants in the vicinity. The city of Greenville ought to target major corporate headquarters to fill prime space near the river.

I noticed only three units are for sale. Does that mean the rest have sold?

I can't say for certain, but I VERY,VERY MUCH doubt it.  Probably just a sampling of the size/prices.  If they only had three left they would release that publicly.