Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GRDadof3

Beleaguered Aslan Building to see new life as 7th St Lofts

7 posts in this topic

The Aslan Building, part of Bob Israel's grand plan on the West Side along Seward, is going to see new life. You guys probably remember it as the building that housed an Israel's showroom, that was foreclosed on by Macatawa Bank.

Developers plan to add a restaurant/pub, health club and two floors of residential. No word if the units will be apartments or condos.

http://www.grbj.com/articles/78931-developer-plans-lofts-downtown

I think that it was where there showroom was for designers and such. you weren't supposed to just walk in there off the street.  

that may have been in a different location but it was close. I don't know what the name of it was.

That used to be Israel's "The Other Store," right?

I know that at one time "The Other Store" stuff was in that building, as I went browsing there once.  But, I do think it was also across the street nearby at another time.

This is the former location of The Other Store.  The John Widdecomb Trade Center was just south of this. That is the building that was "to the trade" for designers, five stories of gorgeousness. It seems more fitting for a development, but who knows what the status is. I recall Spectrum Health had offices in a portion of the building.

I had only been in the "to the trade" store once and it was a long time ago so my memory was a bit fuzzy.  I think that spectrum has taken a substantial portion of the widdecomb building at this point.That is a nice building though and I agree would make for great lofts.