SunRail

sunshine

1 hour ago, codypet said:

Not with the new configuration of SR 528.

If thats the case, thats a pretty huge and sad oversight. The FDOT bid says either 528 or 417. if there's a stop on Disney, they'll want 417 just like last time. Obviously Universal/OCCC demands 528.

50 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

when you state "new configuration" do mean in the way that they've widened it the past few years?

Likely the way they are CURRENTLY widening it.  From I-4 to about Orange Ave.  With express toll lanes.

http://floridasturnpike.com/content/downloads/Current Project Descriptions/SR 528 Express Lanes - FTE.pdf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HankStrong said:

Likely the way they are CURRENTLY widening it.  From I-4 to about Orange Ave.  With express toll lanes.

http://floridasturnpike.com/content/downloads/Current Project Descriptions/SR 528 Express Lanes - FTE.pdf

So...how would they place BL in the median of I-4 once Ultimate is complete down to US 27 in Phase II?  

2 hours ago, jrs2 said:

So...how would they place BL in the median of I-4 once Ultimate is complete down to US 27 in Phase II?  

My understanding is from 528 south the ROW needed for a train is being kept as a requirement for the project.

• Like 2

Landscaping is hideous like most places in Orlando.  We pay little to no attention here at landscaping. We require builders to plant  certain number of trees, certain numbers of plants, etc to pass inspection and once they have approval...the majority of landscaping goes to hell. They simply let it go into despair, don't water or treat because there is no oversight afterwards. The fact that  we have many lawn "mowers" and VERY little qualified "landscapers" just worsens the situation. Add to that, that most people are too busy to notice or care about landscaping so the problem just goes by unnoticed. Its sad really because just like paint on a dilapidated house...landscaping also goes a long way in making a huge visual impact in a city and its neighborhoods.

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:35 AM, orlandouprise said:

The fact that  we have many lawn "mowers" and VERY little qualified "landscapers" just worsens the situation.

The fact that it took me 2.5 years and at least 15 different companies to find someone to re-landscape my yard was a huge eye-opener.  You ask for design/concepts and receive someone who says they'll buy some bushes at Home Depot and then want you to have them mow your lawn.

• 2 weeks later...