• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Agreed.  I hate that people make things for PEOPLE about politics.  There is no partisan divide on things that help all of us.  I don't care if you're rich and never ride a SunRail train.  The pe

Just heard Downtown Kissimmee to Downtown Orlando will be shorter than a 30 minute trip.    That’s fantastic!

https://www.transit.dot.gov/ntd/ntd-data The FTA released their monthly update of transit ridership for August, the first month the southern expansion was open. Sunrail ridership increased 70% fr

Posted Images

On 2/17/2021 at 10:42 AM, YimbyOrlando said:

Osceloa's tax referendum was actually on the ballot during the May primary in 2019 and had no real plan behind it, almost like they wanted it to fail. Hillsborough passed their sales tax in 2018 with 57% and they are more conservative than Orange county. I think the biggest issue is whether tourism demand returns by 2022; voters will probably be less inclined to increase taxes if the economy is not doing well, especially since low income  theme park workers are the largest group of transit riders in the area.

The money being collected in Hillsborough can't legally be touched yet. It's being held up by an insane rural Republican commissioner's lawsuit. Literally hundreds of millions of dollars just sitting in escrow.  

• Like 1
On 2/19/2021 at 9:07 PM, KnightBay said:

The money being collected in Hillsborough can't legally be touched yet. It's being held up by an insane rural Republican commissioner's lawsuit. Literally hundreds of millions of dollars just sitting in escrow.  

Welp, the Florida Supreme Court just ruled against the All For Transportation sales tax today which means they ruled against the will of the people in favor of the governmental leadership. Sad day for the State. 

22 minutes ago, KnightBay said:

Welp, the Florida Supreme Court just ruled against the All For Transportation sales tax today which means they ruled against the will of the people in favor of the governmental leadership. Sad day for the State. 

Central Florida (or maybe it’s Tallahassee) prefers the status quo so this will go over well. 

Edited by prahaboheme
2 hours ago, KnightBay said:

So wait the Hillborough referendum passes, the legislative body doesn't agree with it and basically kills it after the voters approve it?  I guess throw it on the pile with:

• State High Speed Rail
  • Reduced Classroom Size
  • Voting Rights for Felons
  • $15 minimum wage
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, EngineerNole said:

That’s an old concept.  The parking lot won’t go back that far.  The amtrack station will be preserved.

Yeah, but that change happened after I posted that (kinda, it was voted on the same day). Either way, the location is still correct, which is why the reference was given in the first place.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2021 at 2:01 PM, Urban Mail Carrier said:

Hence a train station in UCF would be wildly popular. The ridership numbers would certainly increase.

I graduated in December but the last 3 years would been so much easier if there was rail all over the city , I would've riden the rail to school :tw_dissapointed:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1