SunRail

sunshine

It does not show the Church Street station because it is an old map, right?

I think it's cool to have a train station at a place called Church Street Station, but isn't that sort of an overkill and a waste of time for people that will be traveling from say Altamonte Springs and that work at ORMC? The Lymmo circulator will be able to take people from the intermodal station at Lynx Central Station to within one block of CSS.

I think it's cool to have a train station at a place called Church Street Station, but isn't that sort of an overkill and a waste of time for people that will be traveling from say Altamonte Springs and that work at ORMC? The Lymmo circulator will be able to take people from the intermodal station at Lynx Central Station to within one block of CSS.

The arena and PAC will be right there.

Think about the people that will live in 55 West and The Solaire that will work somewhere in South Orlando. The stop would be idea for them, not to mention the fact that Orlando's tallest building and highest concentration of office space are all centered around Church and Orange.

• 1 month later...

Rail stop in Winter Park may be out of voters' hands

Christopher Sherman {sodEmoji.|} Sentinel Staff Writer

Posted January 31, 2007

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/...-home-headlines

That's good news. I wonder how OC residents are going to react to the fact that they have to cover 100% of the operating costs?

Edited by Migman

That's good news. I wonder how OC residents are going to react to the fact that they have to cover 100% of the operating costs?

Not to play devil's advocate, but WP residents will still be contributing to the OC tax liability through their substantial property taxes.

• 2 weeks later...

So are they planning to start Preliminary Engineering on CF Rail in March? I didn't see this project listed in the FTA New Starts report issued last week.

They are still talking about it like it's going forward...in the meantime, if you're wondering why we don't have light rail service down to I-drive (one of the reasons anyway)-

http://www.local6.com/news/11057502/detail.html

"Did Advantage Consultants ever solicit money from a light rail opponent to fund that effort?" Pipitone asked.

"I wish there were," Guetzloe said. "I mean, I wish there were vested special interests that had an interest in defeating taxes, there never are."

"So, you never went after money from a deep-pocketed light rail opponent to fund Recall Hood?" Pipitone asked.

"No," Guetzloe said.

"But from the (Guetzloe) files, we revealed that memo, seeking up to $30,000, was addressed to John Morgan -- the millionaire attorney and vocal light rail opponent," Pipitone said. "This would make history, Guetzloe wrote. 'The media would be astonished. The feds will do the backstroke on light rail.'"

The next day, the (Guetzloe) files reveal Morgan's law firm cut Guetzloe's firm a check for $7,500 for marketing consultation, Pipitone reported.

Morgan, of course, owns the Wonderworks building on I-drive and if I remember correctly he was probably worried about construction reducing his profits for a few months.

!!!

Commuter rail to get $250M from feds

Jay Hamburg {sodEmoji.|} Sentinel Staff Writer

Posted March 2, 2007, 3:37 PM EST

The federal government has committed at least $250 million for the preliminary engineering of the 61-mile commuter rail line to run through Volusia, Seminole and Orange counties.

full article

Does anyone know what time the demonstration will be? I'm assuming it's at the Amtrak station.

1:30 - 4:00pm is the commuter train tour.

There is also an early St. Patricks Day parade at 2pm, so you might as well check that out, too.

It is going to be at the Amtrak station.

Here's a copy of the invite I came across...

I got mine in the mail from one of the candidates running for Winter Park City Commissioner. I got a mailer from the current commissioner 2 days later and it doesn't mention that citizens can see what the train is like. I think some people want to keep others in the dark.