SunRail

sunshine

you'd think they would be happy to agree, getting tons of Poinciana residents off of the roads and onto the train for their daily commutes.

Exactly... I keep selling the Commuter Rail to my friend who lives in Poinciana, works downtown in the Wachovia building. Everyone has to LOVE park n' ride. I'm sure a good amount of Poincianans (?) work at the airport as well. Let's not forget Osceola county's/Kissimmee's dismissal of the project in "downtown" Kissimmee on like Toho. Again, I'm glad I don't live there anymore and hate going into that side of town if I ever have to.

Seminole County voted yes on Commuter Rail yesterday. Volusia County votes this Tuesday.

Orange County :)

Orlando :)

Seminole :)

Osceola :(

Winter Park ?

Maitland ?

Volusia ?

...who else? Lake Mary, Altamonte, Longwood, Sanford? or are they considered Seminole collectively on this?

Orange County :)

Orlando :)

Seminole :)

Osceola :(

Winter Park ?

Maitland ?

Volusia ?

...who else? Lake Mary, Altamonte, Longwood, Sanford? or are they considered Seminole collectively on this?

I think all the other counties are picking up the tabs for their respective cities with only Orange not paying for the municipalities within its borders.

Hey, JRS1, do you think you can do the same thing with the Orange County commissioners latest guesses from the sentinel article today?

I think all the other counties are picking up the tabs for their respective cities with only Orange not paying for the municipalities within its borders.

Hey, JRS1, do you think you can do the same thing with the Orange County commissioners latest guesses from the sentinel article today?

Commisioners 1-5 :)

Harris Rosen :(

UP won't let me do more emoticons. I guess their afraid that there might be an emoticon invasion...

I remember seeing a rendering of the station planned at Florida Hospital a few months back in some local magazine. It was 2 stories and I assume that was for people to cross the tracks. Looked nice. I think the magazine was something like Orlando CEO or a similar title.

Why would Osceola be voting if it was only for Phase I?

Hence the question. The comment in the article (paraphrasing) was that Persis is only supporting the intital phase of the project. Doesn't add up. Looks like it was just a statement clarifying his position then.

Edited by fenderbender

Hence the question. The comment in the article (paraphrasing) was that Persis is only supporting the intital phase of the project. Doesn't add up. Looks like it was just a statement clarifying his position then.

it was for both phases. Vol. CO. deliberated the issue b/c their first sta. was only 1.5 miles into the county line and they were asking why they should pay now when that little track is in their county, so it is for the whole ball of wax. Where is that Vol. Co. sta. going anyway? it was supposed to be near Saxon before-- prob. near the Enterprise Rd. exit now.

it was for both phases. Vol. CO. deliberated the issue b/c their first sta. was only 1.5 miles into the county line and they were asking why they should pay now when that little track is in their county, so it is for the whole ball of wax. Where is that Vol. Co. sta. going anyway? it was supposed to be near Saxon before-- prob. near the Enterprise Rd. exit now.

I think they'll need to take Saxon Blvd. West a little further to meet up with the tracks. If they build a station there and run a bus through Deltona along Saxon to pick up riders and take them to the station this stop has the potential to be the busiest IMO.