SunRail

sunshine

First Dynetech's website and now this? I'd start to demand royalties. :P

Oh wow..that's pretty shady of them.

I don't know whether to take it as a compliment that they want to use my model for their own projects or to be insulted that it keeps getting ganked for commercial purposes. That, and these "professionals" can't take the time to develop their own models instead of ganking an out-dated one. Oh, and if you're going to use it, AT LEAST delete the cancelled projects and change the color of the buildings. You can't be THAT lazy...

• 1 month later...

I've been thinking a lot about the idea of street cars in downtown Orlando. It seems this form of transit is catching on nationwide; I'd like to hear your thoughts on proposed routes and if you think this is something that could work in Orlando.

The current Lymmo system was originally proposed as a streetcar line, but it proved to be too expensive & unfeasable for downtown Orlando, so we got a bus line instead.

I doubt Orlando will ever opt for streetcars.

Maybe an elevated people mover ala Miami or Jacksonville in the distant future.

The current Lymmo system was originally proposed as a streetcar line, but it proved to be too expensive & unfeasable for downtown Orlando, so we got a bus line instead.

I doubt Orlando will ever opt for streetcars.

Maybe an elevated people mover ala Miami or Jacksonville in the distant future.

Other than aesthetics, it really doesn't matter to me what the heck Lymmo is - as long as it has it's own designated lanes, that's a HUGE asset to downtown transit. And that preserves the right of way for numerous means of public transit in that space in the future...

Other than aesthetics, it really doesn't matter to me what the heck Lymmo is - as long as it has it's own designated lanes, that's a HUGE asset to downtown transit. And that preserves the right of way for numerous means of public transit in that space in the future...

True, and we can turn that into raised platforms like the Metro Mover (in a couple decades).

• 2 weeks later...

Greatest issue of the OBJ ever. *sarcasm*

Frontpage article about how commuter rail is 'under threat.' And another article about how funding for the PAC is up in the air.

I read that article too. WTF. I spoke with a guy in Mica's office last month and he was like this is a done deal... however, the article talks about Tampa legislators that prefer a route that goes from Tampa to Daytona. also mentions a vendetta against the project b/c Jeb killed the HSR.

Forget Tampa. this deal has nothing to do with them. never has and never will. so, those pr!cks now want to hold Orlando from commuter rail so that they don't fall farther behind us in urban development. In fact, Jax would move ahead of them too b/c the deal would free up a line in Jax for their future system. sorry, but I'm a little ticked right now about this.

the point is that commuter rail is not the same as intracity/intercity rail which service Amtrak provides. Commuter rail is for commuters to get to downtown in any metro, not for people to go from Tampa to DB. Their pie in the sky pretext BS is screwing us if we miss the deadline.

I read that article too. WTF. I spoke with a guy in Mica's office last month and he was like this is a done deal... however, the article talks about Tampa legislators that prefer a route that goes from Tampa to Daytona. also mentions a vendetta against the project b/c Jeb killed the HSR.

Forget Tampa. this deal has nothing to do with them. never has and never will. so, those pr!cks now want to hold Orlando from commuter rail so that they don't fall farther behind us in urban development. In fact, Jax would move ahead of them too b/c the deal would free up a line in Jax for their future system. sorry, but I'm a little ticked right now about this.

I believe what you've mentioned about Tampa is valid, as is the point about the Dockerys and HSR. Polk County is split on this; one group wants the economic development while old-line money in Lakeland doesn't want all those trains going through town. What you are seeing is the result of Jeb's "my way or the highway" governing style - all the players should have been consulted before this ever progressed. The mess you now see is not going to be good for anyone and we can only hope that our Tallahassee legislative delegation will be as hard-working as Congressman Mica has been to move this forward.

I saw a rendering of the Florida Hospital station about a year ago in a magazine. I think it was called Orlando CEO or something of that nature. The rendering appeared to have a 2 story platform, which I guess would be for people getting on the train's 2nd level. It looked like a downtown Lymmo station on steroids. The same type of roof structure that TT had in an earlier rendering. I would have kept the magazine and scanned in the picture, but I was in the loo.