SunRail

sunshine

The House just passed CS/HB 1399 (CSX) 77-39.

Excuse my ignorance, but does this bill have the funding for CR, and is that the final hurdle? What's it look like in the Senate? Has the Senate already passed their bill? Sorry ... I knew that things were getting close (one way or the other) and that Lakeland was trying to screw things up for us ... but do tell, where do we stand now?

Someone needs to organize a rally in Orlando to show support support for the commuter rail to send these jerks a message. Crist needs to step in and stop the madness or he'll be gone for his next term. If he runs as VP, I'll be voting for the democrat. Where's the support? Get off your butt and get this thing passed. Isn't Jeb the one that rode the prototype into downtown? Come on.

Edited by scottb411

it seemed thatmost in tampa were against it. was it sour grapes that they couldnt get a commuter line?

what is an alternative here? can the state use eminent domain to take possesion of the track completely and forcing csx to reroute everything through the other line. then possibly there will be no liability issue if no csx trains run during the same hours as the commuter.

ive got no clue, this is not my field...... someone correct me.

Haha yes denial is in Egypt, but deals are in tallahassee.

There are deals being worked on as I type this on my BB.

I'll try and keep you updated as the day goes on.

thanks GG. i'm sure i'm not alone when i say we appreciate you keeping us up to date.

good luck on keeping the ball rolling on this!!

Edited by pip

[chanting becoming louder] TRAINS, TRAINS, TRAINS, TRAINS

Remember that MASH episode when Hawkeye gets tired of eating the same chow in the mess tent and he starts chanting WE WANT SOMETHING ELSE, WE WANT SOMETHING ELSE... reminds me of the highways around here.... WE WANT SOMETHING ELSE!!!

Edited by bulldogger

Go Gators, an inside baseball question: is the project running into trouble on the Senate side due to our go-to guy Dan being essentially a lame duck whereas over in the House we have the incoming Speaker moving things along? I know that's trying to isolate specifics in a complex bill, but am fascinated over the differing dynamics and trying to keep up. THanks for the continued great insight.

Things are getting ugly...this is becoming a central v. South Florida thing.

We need them to take up the house version, but I don't know if that will happen.

I'd think the threat of holding back subsidies on Tri-Rail would have some impact ($$ is the best weapon afterall). Or is this an empty threat thats not very realistic?