SunRail

sunshine

Seriously? Or were you just kidding?

Seriously, unfortunately. I think the logo looks like a piece of clip art you'd find in a word processing program. It's ridiculous how basic and unimaginative it is. Our officials should be ashamed...

And why does the train in the logo have its lights on if it's so sunny out?

Daytime running lights? Car insurance is cheaper with those on.

Seriously, how many of you all are graphic designers? I think it's fine. My critique is that I have to agree the palm and grass make it too cluttered and busy. The train itself was designed with a suggested motion blur, yet the palm and grass are perfectly still. Lose them. The sun looks fine as do the lights. It looks to me like the sun is setting so the light should be on, something Orlando drivers who need to turn their headlights on automatically seem to neglect.

Meh, it's fine.

Edited by WeNeed2Progress

My critique is that I have to agree the palm and grass make it too cluttered and busy. The train itself was designed with a suggested motion blur, yet the palm and grass are perfectly still. Lose them.

I have to disagree re: the palms & grass, they make it look like Florida.

And why would they be moving anyway? :dunno:

I have to disagree re: the palms & grass, they make it look like Florida.

And why would they be moving anyway? :dunno:

When you're traveling along with a train or car, the closest objects appear to move. The further away, the less motion that's perceived. Plus it would just make it more dynamic IMO. I guess being on the outside of the train it wouldn't make sense, it's just too cluttered and static. Just a slight blur!

Edited by WeNeed2Progress

When you're traveling along with a train or car, the closest objects appear to move. The further away, the less motion that's perceived. Plus it would just make it more dynamic IMO. I guess being on the outside of the train it wouldn't make sense, it's just too cluttered and static. Just a slight blur!

Looks to me like the view is from the perspective of someone standing by the tracks watching the train go by. In that case, the trees & foliage would not appear to be moving, hence no blur.

I like everything about the logo & wouldn't change a thing.

Seriously, unfortunately. I think the logo looks like a piece of clip art you'd find in a word processing program. It's ridiculous how basic and unimaginative it is. Our officials should be ashamed...

And why does the train in the logo have its lights on if it's so sunny out?

When was the last time you saw a running train without its lights on?

500 million getting cut from schools alone this year...some source saying there is going to be just a few million in the old 'rainy day fund' after raiding it this year....again, I wonder aloud, is it too late for this project? Will it get funding?

Somehow I doubt it. Gas is cheap again!

^^

the money has already been alotted-- transportation money; has nothing to do with education budget.

price of gas is starting to go up again...

exactly - education is funded by different pots of money and there are also different agencies involved in the funding. The feds are kicking in half of the cost of commuter rail as well. We don't build commuter rail we say goodbye to $300million or so in federal gas tax funding.

^^

the money has already been alotted-- transportation money; has nothing to do with education budget.

price of gas is starting to go up again...

You can probably tell by now what I think about the price of oil....suffice to say I agree with Mattthew Simmons that the current price of a few cents per cup doesn't reflect reality.

And I know the federal money is already allocated, but is the state money already there? I read in the Sentinel today that a transportation fund was saved from any budget cuts, but is the Sunrail or whatever they are calling it money already there?

http://www.coloradorailcar.com/

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2...t_wes_rail.html

Here are some links about re: Colorado Rail Car. It was the only DMU (self-propelled cars) that hae been tested to meet U.S. standards. I'd expect ones made in other countries to get tested to fulfill the remaining orders for various commuter rail operations (Denver, Portland, and Central Florida are some of the folks with orders pending, as I understand it).

OR: I believe there are some of our Central Florida cars already being utilized in Miami - they have to transfer them up to us.

http://www.coloradorailcar.com/

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2...t_wes_rail.html

Here are some links about re: Colorado Rail Car. It was the only DMU (self-propelled cars) that hae been tested to meet U.S. standards. I'd expect ones made in other countries to get tested to fulfill the remaining orders for various commuter rail operations (Denver, Portland, and Central Florida are some of the folks with orders pending, as I understand it).

OR: I believe there are some of our Central Florida cars already being utilized in Miami - they have to transfer them up to us.

As I understand it, the problem with that is the US has much tougher strength requirements for commuter trains used on shared freight railroads. European DMU's could not be used. If there is enough time between passenger and freight trains then the requirments can be overcome, but I believe that is not possible at this point.