SunRail

sunshine

There has been a crew putting steel panels into the ground about 20 feet from the railroad tracks at a site on Highland Avenue across from the lake and prep school. It is a plot of undeveloped land just north of the water treatment plant parking lot.

Does anyone know if this is related?

There has been a crew putting steel panels into the ground about 20 feet from the railroad tracks at a site on Highland Avenue across from the lake and prep school. It is a plot of undeveloped land just north of the water treatment plant parking lot.

Does anyone know if this is related?

xpress - not sure how to private message but I wanted to let you know your blog link in your signature was wrong. I figured it was groworlando.blogspot.com and checked it out. Nice job with the blog!

Hey Steve,

Thank you for letting me know, it should be correct now. I am glad you like my blog, I hope the community will be well informed thumbsup.gif.

The news is that Florida Hospital is building a new HQ on property right next to the planned station location and also adjacent to one of the parking garages. It didn't look like there is enough space for the building as it was drawn, but I'm sure it will fit since they had a rendering already done up. I don't have a photo ready, since I am waiting on some video to load onto my computer. Everything else was talking about the different people involved in the entire process and how they came together to make this happen which is what was expected.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing the construction of the corridor and clearing for parking lots and station platforms are going to be starting in the next month. I've been seeing some activity over in the Lake Mary area, but very minimal.

Anybody have anything to post on what's been going on at the Florida Hospital station location? Anything new yet since the groundbreaking ceremony?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

gibby, the LYMMO will serve both the LYNX Central Station and Florida Hospital to let you make that connection. Admittingly, you would be backtracking if taking SunRail into Orlando from the north...but it shouldn't be a deal breaker as long as the headways are 10 minutes or so on LYMMO during commute times.

Can it pull onto the track going South, then switch directions and pull backwards into LCS? I know the Amtrak does this in Tampa, and these trains will be much shorter and more agile. I think there is a chiller plant or something right there at Garland and Robinson where the track would have to be laid to make a Northward turn.

I also feel the LCS Sunrail station would have to have additional platforms if this was going to happen, which I haven't seen in the plan. Would it make sense just to add another platform and rails now? Since they would really be a terminus for the line, the track wouldn't have to extend past Amelia.

I was thinking the same thing but the wye could be a problem. The chiller plant is not in the way but there is other stuff in that area. I don't even know how the Sunrail trains are supposed to get turned around either.

I think that they would definitely use the same platform and tracks. Actually, I'm still hoping that Amtrak will relocate to LCS. I still can't figure that situation out.

Edited by gibby