SunRail

sunshine

If the tenants demand it, the park will offer it. Nothing is free - it is just incorporated to the leases and everything. But they won't add something of that scale without knowing it would be useful and wanted.

I read that some of SouthPark was being sold by Flagler. It was in the OBJ a little while back. Maybe that could be an opportunity for change but it still has to be brought up. I don't think it's the first thing these very suburban office parks think about. Could change once i4 begins open heart surgery.

EXPANDED SERVICE: Beginning next Monday the 22nd, An additional train will leave Debary at 9:05PM and make a round trip.

To figure out the full schedule, look at the existing train schedule and add 1:05 to the last train that leaves Debary at 8PM.

Lets talk Church Street - Magic. Lions and (Solar) Bears...Oh My. Maybe even a show.

Last train that will get you back to Orlando Health (would you even ride anyway) or Sand Lake? - Was 8:51, now is 9:56

Last train to get you back to all points north? Was: 9:25, now is 10:30.

post-23163-0-37449100-1418683457_thumb.j

• Like 1

EXPANDED SERVICE: Beginning next Monday the 22nd, An additional train will leave Debary at 9:05PM and make a round trip.

To figure out the full schedule, look at the existing train schedule and add 1:05 to the last train that leaves Debary at 8PM.

Lets talk Church Street - Magic. Lions and (Solar) Bears...Oh My. Maybe even a show.

Last train that will get you back to Orlando Health (would you even ride anyway) or Sand Lake? - Was 8:51, now is 9:56

Last train to get you back to all points north? Was: 9:25, now is 10:30.

Slowly but surely!  :thumbsup:

They should do this a day later on Tuesday with the Magic game. Always funny walking out of games 9:15 and watching an empty train run north leave with no one on it, with hundreds of us standing in the street. What a tease. How come they don't hold it for a few minutes? No one is on it. Seems like a lost connection here between both parties. Do the experiment yourself. Through 11 home games on M-F the last one is always gone by game over; 9:15-9:25. Always watching it leave with no on it. Think of all the people north coming down going to the magic games, winter park, lake mary etc that drive.

I agree. They need to extend that train a bit or move up the late night train by about a half hour. Nobody wants to get out of the game and wait an hour for a train. Plus this new train is probably too early for performing arts patrons as many of the big shows don't get out until about 11. Ithis is a step in the right direction but I'm worried that because of the timing it won't be as successful as it could be with just a few small tweaks. I don't want this to deter future time expansions.

If they had a train that left downtown at 2:30am just imagine how packed it would be.

If they had a train that left downtown at 2:30am just imagine how packed it would be.

This. I think that even if the train were to operate at a slight loss, it would behoove officials to push for such a train if only to keep drunk drivers off the road. Promoting a "drunk train" service paired with the likes of Uber or Lyft to get riders home from the station during that last mile would go a long way.

This. I think that even if the train were to operate at a slight loss, it would behoove officials to push for such a train if only to keep drunk drivers off the road. Promoting a "drunk train" service paired with the likes of Uber or Lyft to get riders home from the station during that last mile would go a long way.

Special train cars with all plastic interiors for hosing out all the partially digested pizza.

Are Sunrail trains even allowed to be on the tracks from midnight to 5:00 am, per the CSX agreement?

This is the issue so many don't understand. The hours we have now are because the tracks are so heavily used by freight and Amtrak trains. We can't break the contract/agreement so simply. It will take a long time and a lot more money to come up with a new contract for sunrail to run much later. 

I'm aware of the CSX contract and realize that late night isn't going to happen. My main issue with this is just the time with the performing arts center. But my guess is that the train has to have time to drop off at debary and clear the tracks by midnight.

If the tenants demand it, the park will offer it. Nothing is free - it is just incorporated to the leases and everything. But they won't add something of that scale without knowing it would be useful and wanted.

I read that some of SouthPark was being sold by Flagler. It was in the OBJ a little while back. Maybe that could be an opportunity for change but it still has to be brought up. I don't think it's the first thing these very suburban office parks think about. Could change once i4 begins open heart surgery.

Take a good look at who owns Flager and what else they own and explain to me why covering a shuttle for its workers would be a bad thing.

I don't follow at all. I know Flagler owns All Aboard Florida but don't understand what that has to do with working towards satisfying their tenants.

My question was what parts of South Park were sold BY Flagler to another CRE firm?

Looks like it already happened actually - http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2014-08-07/business/os-southpark-sale-20140807_1_flagler-development-southpark-investment-group

• 4 weeks later...

I'm really excited to see the numbers when Ultimate I-4 kicks off.  We know a couple that has specifically moved to avoid it.  My wife has 2 co-workers that have already moved to avoid it and I know a guy at work that is moving next month to avoid it. 

I don't know if they'll use the SunRail instead, but they are physically moving so as to not have to use I-4 for the next 7 years.  I wouldn't believe they are the only handful of people in the entire metro Orlando area actively planning to avoid I-4 for the better part of the next decade.  Those numbers should start pumping up drastically if people see it as an effective tool.

• Like 1

I live downtown, but work in Heathrow. I'm considering a "car swap" with friends who live in Lake Mary and work downtown. They'll drive to the Lake Mary station, take SunRail and walk to their offices downtown. I'll take SunRail to the Lake Mary station, and use their car to get to Heathrow. Right now the only way to get to my Heathrow office from the station is via Lynx - but the timing between the trains, the bus and my office just don't work out.

ClarkKent - the City of Lake Mary is subsidizing vanpool expenses by 50%. If your company has the numbers to get a shuttle van on the road and the business is in Lake Mary proper...it would be a very inexpensive add-on to the train ticket. The vans going to places like Darden and South Park Loop are paying the full 500-550 a month.

• Like 1

ClarkKent - the City of Lake Mary is subsidizing vanpool expenses by 50%. If your company has the numbers to get a shuttle van on the road and the business is in Lake Mary proper...it would be a very inexpensive add-on to the train ticket. The vans going to places like Darden and South Park Loop are paying the full 500-550 a month.

I'll follow up on that. Thanks!

SunRail: Not just a commuter train

By Mike Lafferty Orlando Sentinel

I really hope the maglev people take note of this, and build the connection between the 2 systems. It will really boost the ridership on both, and this really shows people are interesting in using SunRail for more then commuting.

• 2 weeks later...