Kingma's Market

ctpgr34

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really is a great store. I wish them the best of luck finding the right folks to take it over.   

Some history of this location.  Originally a Chevy dealer, and then the used car lot/car prep area for Van Andel & Flikkema.  V&F then used it as their main dealership for a while after a huge fire destroyed their main showroom/service/body shop at Plainfield and Eleanor.  That location is now a Burger King.

It will be interesting to see if the Horrocks' family takes a look at it. Their Lansing area stores are phenomenal (I worked at one in high school/college summers) but the one here is run by (I believe) one of the daughters and is not nearly as good.

People travel from 50 miles away or more to go to Horrocks in Lansing.

It will be interesting to see if the Horrocks' family takes a look at it. Their Lansing area stores are phenomenal (I worked at one in high school/college summers) but the one here is run by (I believe) one of the daughters and is not nearly as good.

People travel from 50 miles away or more to go to Horrocks in Lansing.

Ha! As did I! I played the piano at the Lansing one all through high school. Quite a place. 

Ha! As did I! I played the piano at the Lansing one all through high school. Quite a place. 

Get out! I stocked fruits and vegetables into those giant pyramids they're known for, back in the late 80's. It was an easy low stress job, and I worked with a really big friendly group of Guatemalans. :)  Playing piano there seems like a pretty easy gig.

Get out! I stocked fruits and vegetables into those giant pyramids they're known for, back in the late 80's. It was an easy low stress job, and I worked with a really big friendly group of Guatemalans. :)  Playing piano there seems like a pretty easy gig.

It was so easy and was crazy lucrative! I worked there 2002-2006. 

Archived