CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Markley Row

gman430

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm impressed. But I'm afraid he's misjudging the market

Not a developer, but I disagree. I know more than a few people that contemplated moving downtown, only to let a pet, or lack of a yard dissuade them. We looked at the Brownstones a few years back, and that was our problem as well. 6 units wont saturate this market. 

Not a developer, but I disagree. I know more than a few people that contemplated moving downtown, only to let a pet, or lack of a yard dissuade them. We looked at the Brownstones a few years back, and that was our problem as well. 6 units wont saturate this market. 

There isn't anything exactly like this being offered except possibly the SF houses on McBee, but even those are more traditional than these would be.  

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I saw that to. Maybe they are going to have to change it. Because in the beginning they were talking about skyline views. That won't now with the proposed buildings that will be constructed across street. Both being over three storeys tall. But in a way something like that would still make since. Having that step down effect into the neighborhood beside it.

I just noticed that the website is down also.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I like. But don't love. It has the step down effect that was needed between what would be going on across the street with Stadium Flats and the other project and the neighborhood beside it. My only issue is why did they set back the three middle buildings. It just doesn't make sense. It just takes the urban look away.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the board may have saw, in a way, what I saw. The set back may have some unintended consequences. They may have seen that cars may not be able to negotiate the tight turn into those middle duplexes. But for me the new design isn't any better than the first.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/25/2017 at 2:06 PM, btoy said:

Don't get your hopes up.  The current owner of the site is Markley Parking, LLC  I have a feeling a parking lot is about to get built, not townhomes.

I talked to someone working on this site and they said that it will indeed be a parking lot. What for I wonder? The church maybe?

Archived