1201 Demonbreun, Eakin Building, 15 stories, 285,000 sq. ft. office space, $97 million

MidTenn1

Just think about all of the construction on Demonbreun, all going on at the same time.  1515...Eakin...Gulch Crossings...SoBro...with the possibilities of Turnberry...Westin...Virgin Hotel...and probably others not mentioned yet.

It's going to be a very important street in the future. I think Demonbreun will be the home of all the high end retail too.

• 2 weeks later...

I like how it addresses Demonbreun and 12th ave. Also, looks like "most" of the views from 1212 tower are saved.

From the NBJ article:

A fourth tenant, whom Eakin declined to identify, is occupying another full floor, or another 10 percent of the building's space. The building's signage rights are still available. "Most likely, I feel like that will go to one of several different financial institutions who we're talking with," Eakin said.

Any Guesses on the financial institution?

Also, Eakin puts in the time and effort to land tenants. He said he had been pursuing Sony for two years. I feel like there should be no excuse for Alex P to not have tenants signed for WES. All of the companies moving to 1201 could have been possible tenants for WES or even Sheet Music.

Edited by nashmoney

IMHO... the rendering looks quite bland.  Still disappointing that Eakin can't see fit to expand space all the way up to 20 floors... 15 simply looks squatty beside the condo tower.  I bet the buyers of the penthouses don't mind a bit though.  Maybe Eakin "bought" one of those himself... and wants to protect his panoramic views.  If so, more power to him. 

• Like 1

Gee, a box. HMMM, where have we seen one of those before? Architects in this town never cease to disappoint me.

True to an extent, but this is also on the developers, as I've said before. Don't want an in town look? Don't go with an in town designer. 

I'm much more willing to sacrifice design for pedestrian traffic and a big city feel in a neighborhood. The Gulch while not architecturally amazing is shaping up to be an actual live, work, play neighborhood. 

Add me to the list of disappointed with the tower portion. Still though, this is a great infill building. It's not like this is supposed to be Nashville's next signature tower or something. It is what it is...just another mid-rise office building.  I'll gladly take it over what was on the lot before.....Nothing.

• Like 1

Now I'm confused.    Eakin's website still shows the tower with vertical strip (same image as in today's NBJ).   http://www.eakinpartners.com/12thanddemonbreu.html

Which one is the current rendering? 

Probably haven't updated their website yet. 

If you go to Tony Giarratana's website, he still has renderings for the old 505CST, SoBro, and the Sheet Music property has some mid-rise hotel for it. 

Seems like non of these developers keep up with their websites much. 

Now I'm confused.    Eakin's website still shows the tower with vertical strip (same image as in today's NBJ).   http://www.eakinpartners.com/12thanddemonbreu.html

Which one is the current rendering? 

Since this tower was announced, every newspaper and news outlet has been running different renders simutaneously...even the website

Edited by nashmoney