1201 Demonbreun, Eakin Building, 15 stories, 285,000 sq. ft. office space, $97 million

MidTenn1

It looks quite "finished" to me... It's a plain brick wall, but the bricks have some texture to them which makes me think it will not be covered with anything else.

Yeah, I like it the way it is, I was admiring it the other day as I went by.  Slightly brutal, which I like, especially with the RR tracks.  But it would be an ideal spot for a green wall, perhaps as a future project.

Edgware-Road-Green-Wall_zps71bb3e5e.jpg

• Like 3

Eakin inks another tenant for pricey Gulch office building

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/real-estate/2015/01/eakin-inks-another-tenant-for-priceygulch-office.html

"Signage rights for the 1201 Demonbreun are still available. Eakin Partners is pitching that feature to prospective banking and financial tenants."

You would think Sony Music would want signage. Hopefully he snags a relocation or expansion and not just a company moving from DT or midtown.

This Building is going to Loom large over I-40.

I think people have been confusing the Eakin with the Gulch Crossings.  The Gulch Crossings is the nearly complete glass building with an entrance on Demunbreun.  Eakin is little more than a hole in the ground at this point (though it has the crane up), right in front of 12/12 at the corner of 12th and Demunbreun. 

I love the juxtaposition of this brand new building--demanding the highest office lease rates in town--with that of the glowing neon strip club directly across the street. I'm not even kidding. A little weird perhaps, but then with everything being demolished for new and shiny it's kind of a refreshing sight.

• Like 1

Any idea what the strip club property is valued at with the rise of property rates in the area? How long can they hold off on selling, anyway?

From the property assessor website:

Building Value 319,400

Land Value 644,700

Total Value 964,100
Cultural value:  Priceless
  • Like 4

^^ They just finished some remodeling of that Comfort Inn

I know...but it still seems like it may get "out-classed" at that corner...eventually.  I'm sure the owners love being in that location...but I have to think they get offered some heavy coin every now and then.  I doubt it will happen within the next 5 years...but 10 years down the road, I could see it happening.

• 2 months later...