1201 Demonbreun, Eakin Building, 15 stories, 285,000 sq. ft. office space, $97 million

MidTenn1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have not heard about the other tall buildings.  Or maybe I just didn't understand that they'd be at 12th Avenue.  I have heard about the strip joint being sold, but no proposal to replace it yet.  Also, I am aware that the site opposite 12th is slated for an office tower; and the site due south of the 1212 tower, but so far no proposals. 

I just got a little excited thinking about that intersection in a few years when there's a tall building on all four corners.  :fun:

Not canyons have to be named "Grand" or "Bryce".  It's good to dream on, in that way.  So maybe your tele-kinesis can make it happen, and given your probable expected lifespan, you'd be more likely than I to ever see come to realization.

-==-

12th and Demonbreun corner getting Del Frisco restaurant. Looks appropriate for an office-building restaurant.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/real-estate/2015/06/upscaletexas-restaurant-chain-opening-in-gulch.html

Let me guess...crab cakes...deviled eggs...roasted chicken...fish tacos...iceberg wedge salad... :)

I enjoy all of those things, but those are the kind of menu items I think of when I think 'office building restaurant.'  Or maybe I'm completely off and it's a Ethiopian restaurant!  haha

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 1

12th and Demonbreun corner getting Del Frisco restaurant. Looks appropriate for an office-building restaurant.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/real-estate/2015/06/upscaletexas-restaurant-chain-opening-in-gulch.html

Their Double Eagle steakhouses are phenomenal. Sounds like the Grille is pretty good too.

• Like 1

Their Double Eagle steakhouses are phenomenal. Sounds like the Grille is pretty good too.

My problem with these Del Frisco’s Double Eagles is that I've been just too country to even have been aware of them until these postings.  But then I never professed to have been exposed to any urban sophistication.  Only things I've been in are Morton's (of DT Nashv'l) and Ruth's Chris (of Conn. Ave. & S-Street NW DC).  So I'm likely game.

-==-

• Like 1

Let me guess...crab cakes...deviled eggs...roasted chicken...fish tacos...iceberg wedge salad... :)

I enjoy all of those things, but those are the kind of menu items I think of when I think 'office building restaurant.'  Or maybe I'm completely off and it's a Ethiopian restaurant!  haha

Far from, they're an incredible steakhouse chain and definitely will take a piece of the steakhouse pie and raise the bar. They're actually moving their Dallas location from near the Galleria in Far North Dallas to the U/C McKinney & Olive office tower, which is quite stunning. 

Far from, they're an incredible steakhouse chain and definitely will take a piece of the steakhouse pie and raise the bar. They're actually moving their Dallas location from near the Galleria in Far North Dallas to the U/C McKinney & Olive office tower, which is quite stunning. 

After you said this, I looked at their menu because I was intrigued and wondering if there was one in Chicago, and literally all the things I mentioned were on their menu.  Haha...just kind of funny.  The menu looks awesome though.  I wasn't trying to put them down by any means...those things just seem to be trendy menu items for upscale steakhouses these days.  :)

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • dmillsphoto changed the title to Eakin Building - 12th & Demonbreun - 15 Stories Class A - T/O
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...