Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gjoseph

Tampa Light Rail Map

Would have been a great system, but I believe this plan died when funding for it was rejected by the Federal government for the third straight year, due to little local support and backing.

To me the most important routes for business purposes are from downtown to the airport. And linking the football stadium, especially with the Super Bowl coming around again. Maybe someone can find money for that somewhere. Hey does anyone know if water taxi service between downtowns is in the works?

Wow, a transit system that follows existing rail lines. Why would any one do something so silly?

Excellent Job, JTA

So are they going with this or not, last time I was at channelside i saw some rail being worked on. ? :unsure:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was the streetcar constuction.

Any of you Tampans know whether Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) is being considered ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BRT in Pinellas is the big thing right now. They're looking at implementing it from North County to Clearwater and St Pete as well as along Ulmerton and I think Gulf to Bay to Tampa. Not sure of a timeline but it's in the works. I think they're looking at Ulmerton first because of the existing express bus service.

Not sure about Hillsborough Tampa, they still have the big crosstown mess to finish first. I think there have been talks about it in Hillsborough but it's not big on their agenda.