Flournoy 300 unit downtown apartment project

gman430

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, NBNY2GRNVL said:

I'm going to drive by on my way home tonight and see if I can see what happened.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I drove by coincidently on my way home and couldn't even see where it happened. The road was closed and I did see workers on site however.  

Drove by this site a week ago to watch a forklift operator (unsuccessfully) try to life about 50 scrap 2x4s over a fence and into a dumpster [they tipped over with a loud crash].  

Just this afternoon I saw a crane (unintentionally) drop a large crate on rhett St. 

With so much construction going I assume these contractors are probably struggling to keep labor quality high.  I'm surprised there haven't been more accidents.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good pics. I think this is one of the better looking apartment projects going up right now. Naturally, it would be nice if they were twice as tall :tw_glasses: but i just like this look better than a lot of the other ones. Also, GREAT project that is helping to expand DT and bring activity off mainstreet. With this many people moving into that area of DT, I would think the surrounding areas will take off very quickly. 

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, gman430 said:

DSC02621_zpsbgiaznkw.jpg

This is actually the neighboring property, that of W.N. Watson Tire and Auto, which is undergoing expansion and renovation. They have temporarily relocated during construction, as indicated on the sign. (I've had my vehicles services here for years.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
11 hours ago, gvegascple said:

this place is massive, still can't believe they didnt think to put a deli, sandwich shop, restaurant, dry cleaner, etc as part of retail on main level.

Maybe this creates some incentive for nearby development.  

• 1 month later...

Archived