American Legion Memorial Stadium Renovation

MilZ

Thanks Ah59396. Perfect summary. As a former Seattle Sounders and Detroit City FC season ticket holder, I can't wait to support this team whatever the name. Hoping beyond hope that Charlotte is the town we finally land in (I'm so tired of moving and we love it here so far), and I'm minutes from Memorial Stadium, so I'm eating up all the Queen City SC stuff I can get my hands on. Where'd you first hear the rumor?

• Like 1

Charlotte Royals FC

We'll never be Royals.

lorde-billboard-650-430.jpg

Queen Charlotte FC

Charlotte Queens 

Charlotte Gold Diggers

Charlotte Gold Rush

Charlotte Envangelists

Charlotte Lightnin'

Charlotte Bootleggers

I'm guessing you're joking (CLT Queens Mens Soccer lol), but I would HATE a racing related name like the last 2.  If there is one thing people already overly relate to the region it's racin'.

Edited by MilZ
  • Like 2

Thanks Ah59396. Perfect summary. As a former Seattle Sounders and Detroit City FC season ticket holder, I can't wait to support this team whatever the name. Hoping beyond hope that Charlotte is the town we finally land in (I'm so tired of moving and we love it here so far), and I'm minutes from Memorial Stadium, so I'm eating up all the Queen City SC stuff I can get my hands on. Where'd you first hear the rumor?

You need to make it to Hooligan's for EPL on weekends.  It's THE place for footy in town...

• Like 2

Captain Jack is now Queen City SC's Facebook cover photo

"Queen City Soccer Club LLC, the new Charlotte USL Pro Soccer franchise ownership group, is planning a major announcement regarding the return of professional soccer to historic American Legion Memorial Stadium starting in the Spring of ’15. To celebrate this historic occasion, we invite you to toast the team with representatives of the new ownership group at a rally starting at 6:30pm at Courtyard Hooligans Pub on Wednesday, September 17. In addition to fun, camaraderie and cold beer, we will make key introductions, provide updates, announce the rebranded team’s new name and details around a fan contest to choose the newly named team’s logo, introduce our MLS affiliate and give information on how to secure tickets for the upcoming 2015 season. Don’t miss the fun"

-https://www.facebook.com/events/363918603760287/

I'm hoping the MLS affiliation is with Sporting KC. They are losing their second affiliate, Orlando City SC, to MLS next year and will need a replacement. They develop quality players and send them to USL Pro, think Dom Dwyer setting the USL Pro scoring record for Orlando City SC and leading them to the 2013 Championship (Dwyer scored 4 goals in a 7-4 win over the Charlotte Eagles). Or John Kempin, MVP of the MLS Homegrown Game, keeper for Oklahoma Energy FC before moving to SKC because of injuries to their first 2 GKs.

• Like 1

There's been a little talk on Twitter about the idea of nicknaming the team "The Jacks" like Everton is "The Toffees" or Chelsea is "The Blues," etc. What do you guys think? If Captain Jack is the mascot, I think that nickname is a really great idea.

I would be okay with that. Regardless of the name, excited to see this team play next season -- it would be even better if it was NASL or obviously MLS...

Edited by wellington

As a RailHawks fan, I am also disappointed they are not going the D2 NASL route - would've made for a great rivalry!  Oh well, I guess we'll still have the inevitable US Open Cup matchups each year.

I was partial to Charlotte Queen City as the name, but I suppose Independence will do.  Best of luck.