American Legion Memorial Stadium Renovation

MilZ

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Madison Parkitect said:

Such a great stadium. I still wish it would have become the soccer-specific home of the MLS team.

Hopefully Tepper invests in Independence and can utilize the stadium for CONCACAF Champions league games and US Open Cup games for Charlotte FC, much like how Atlanta United plays in Kennesaw State's stadium for those games.

On 5/11/2021 at 12:25 PM, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

Hopefully Tepper invests in Independence and can utilize the stadium for CONCACAF Champions league games and US Open Cup games for Charlotte FC, much like how Atlanta United plays in Kennesaw State's stadium for those games.

Why would he do that when he has a facility under construction in Rock Hill?

• 3 weeks later...

This project turned out better than I expected, except for the scoreboard which somehow looks out of place... like they forgot about it, and ordered one meant for somewhere else.

Will be exciting to have this open and back in action for concerts/sports.

• Like 2

Is it me or is this overall very underwhelming. Like I could pass this by, which I’m have and thought, oh this place looks old and needs to update. I literally passed it the other day and thought wow, did they even start on renovations yet. 

1 hour ago, j-man said:

Is it me or is this overall very underwhelming. Like I could pass this by, which I’m have and thought, oh this place looks old and needs to update. I literally passed it the other day and thought wow, did they even start on renovations yet. 

It was a rather small, inexpensive update.  That said, I like that they kept the stone wall.  It is a perfect smaller stadium for the Independence, HS, and potentially CLT FC USOC games.  

Edited by nuthinberger
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, go_vertical said:

I really wish the pedestrian pathway underneath Charlottetowne connecting the park to the stadium was built. That would've taken this whole thing up a notch. Either way it's still a win. 

There is already a pedestrian pathway there...?

37 minutes ago, nuthinberger said:

It was a rather small, inexpensive update.  That said, I like that they kept the stone wall.  It is a perfect smaller stadium for the Independence, HS, and potentially CLT FC USOC games.  

Plus hopefully a Major League Rugby team and perhaps the Hounds being resurrected as a PLL team.  It would be great for those as well.

4 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

There is already a pedestrian pathway there...?

I know, but there was a rendering floating around showing an expanded and much more inviting pathway. Much wider and well lit. Kinda like the stadium's front porch and the park was the yard. It was absolutely pie-in-the-sky but it would've been nice.

14 minutes ago, go_vertical said:

I know, but there was a rendering floating around showing an expanded and much more inviting pathway. Much wider and well lit. Kinda like the stadium's front porch and the park was the yard. It was absolutely pie-in-the-sky but it would've been nice.

Ah this one in a post on page 12 with the larger stadium?  That is really awesome and wish it could get built out.  For what it's worth I know that was the original Independence paid for rendering of what an MLS stadium at Memorial would look like.  Think I saw that first from a team employee back in 2015 or so.

https://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/topic/116428-american-legion-memorial-stadium-renovation/?do=findComment&comment=1624551

4A598EE5-4E18-48FB-A522-F8B8AA20FF20.png.049b5e65b44a719c2e762b110c033b35.png

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

Ah this one in a post on page 12 with the larger stadium?  That is really awesome and wish it could get built out.  For what it's worth I know that was the original Independence paid for rendering of what an MLS stadium at Memorial would look like.  Think I saw that first from a team employee back in 2015 or so.

https://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/topic/116428-american-legion-memorial-stadium-renovation/?do=findComment&comment=1624551

That is awesome

2 hours ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

That stadium would have easily been the best one in MLS, that's like a smaller version of a Premier League stadium. It looks incredible but there was always a 0% chance it would end up like that.

Can the new Panthers stadium please use this exact same design? It's beautiful.

24 minutes ago, Madison Parkitect said:

That stadium would have easily been the best one in MLS, that's like a smaller version of a Premier League stadium. It looks incredible but there was always a 0% chance it would end up like that.

Can the new Panthers stadium please use this exact same design? It's beautiful.

Tottenham's stadium looks sort of (emphasis on sort of) like that rendering of Memorial on an NFL scale.  I think that stadium is an ideal model for a future Panthers stadium.  Completely covered seating but still open air

Edited by SouthEndCLT811
  • Like 2