Cascades Park

Florida

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rendering2.jpg

Here are some other theme pictures being used for this project. They may help to shape the future outcome. The above was an actual rendering of Cascades Park. Below are pictures from other cities.

Is the rendering incomplete, or is there only a cell tower in the skyline view from this park?

It sure would be nice if the City would consider doing something "aesthetically pleasing to the eye" with that tower at the utilities office in the background. Wouldn't it be more pleasant to see a disguised structure or facade of some sort rather than an orange & white painted steel tower? A lot of communities around the Country now require that towers "blend in" with their surroundings. In comparison to the overall cost of the whole Cascades Park project, something like this could be done for a small fraction of the total budget.

I graduated from rickards... kinda on a hillside... there is a tower behind the church on Jim lee that was "disguised" horrible too tall tree is a better discription!...lol. I think looking and seeing a power will not be as bad as a bunch of stinky polluted soil. so i am ok wilth the park without worries of the tower.

I like the SE Edge the park could give to our DT... we should call it boomerang park because of the shape (unless we get a decent cascade)

Some of these look about as good as a $10 silk tree from Michaels, but even then I think it is better than a raw radio/cell tower.

Cell Tower Trees

Instead of making it look like a fake tree, perhaps they should make it into a peice of art?

Though part of me things that's a bad idea, considering some of the public art projects I've seen in south Florida.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any chance of the park designers incorporating a water-themed playground area? We discussed this a bit earlier, but I wanted to add some visuals to get people thinking about how attractive such a park would be to families and out-of-town guests. If Wichita can do it, we surely can!

lincoln_fountain.jpg

Lincoln Park, Wichita, KS

criverside_fountain.jpg

Riverside Park, Wichita, KS

image_1734746.jpg

Palm Beach, FL

• 1 month later...

That is going to be one hell of a nice park when it's all done........I'd like to see that area be really invested in, and I know it'd have great returns. It reminds me of Piedmont Park in Atlanta, which I absolutely LOVE :D. A beautiful, tranquil park with skyscrapers in the short distance. How I wish we could do something like that......

^For some reason, just looking at the patterns around here, I see that as a possibility for us. The state is selling off alot of surplus property in the area, the city's takeover of the Old Waterworks, Meyer's Park Condo Project being proposed, the Firestone Building up for sale, the old warehouse down at the corner of Gaines and Calhoun... I can see these things happening. There are already the memorials in the area which are attractive and we'll have this grand jewel to add to them, giving families and people with dogs (like myself) a reason to be in the area more.

Cascades Park on its way to recovery

A ceremony will be held today to celebrate a milestone in the Cascades Park project.

Work crews have reached the bottom of the excavation process at the park site, adjacent to Gadsden and Bloxham streets. Crews have been cleaning up contamination at the site and hauling way contaminated soil.

A ceremony will be held at 5:30 p.m.

Archived