Cascades Park

Florida

Not very good news for Cascades Trail and Park. This also includes cutting some funding for Capital Circle SW. However for me what's even worse than the proposed funding cuts are the comments below the article. Yesterday people were actually posting to the article as if Cascades Trail was nothing more than a hiking trail.............. :huh:

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not very good news for Cascades Trail and Park. This also includes cutting some funding for Capital Circle SW. However for me what's even worse than the proposed funding cuts are the comments below the article. Yesterday people were actually posting to the article as if Cascades Trail was nothing more than a hiking trail.............. :huh:

Its sad people arent aware of what the project actually is. Having said that, I would certainly be in favor of putting this project on hold for a while. With the cities having to cut funds for projects that effect people directly, I dont think now is the time to try and justify squeezing in a non-essential project (in terms of quality of life, essential services, you know what I mean).

(Noticing under my breath how almost immediately after Poonther posted this it magically appeared elsewhere.)

• 1 month later...

Hey hey good news, this project is back on COT radar:

Capital Cascade Park (11-31-25-000-0010, 11-31-36- B-0010, 31-06-20-806-0000, 41-01-20-805, 807, and 808-0000) (TSP070086) located on 36.60 acres at 605 Suwannee Street. The proposed project is the redevelopment of the existing property to a stormwater management facility and park. The proposed project also consists of the construction of a 2,069 square foot building to be used as a park bathroom an office. The plan also proposes to relocate a 612 square foot historic school structure and a 515 square foot curator/restroom will be constructed. The property is zoned CCPD (Capitol Center Planning District). This item continued from the 1/03/08 meeting.

Anyone know what the 612 sq. ft historic school structure is exactly???

Archived