Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vicupstate

Greenville Water System Campus

38 posts in this topic

http://www.greenvillesc.gov/PlanningZoning/PlanningApplications/Applications/2014/APRIL/PlanningCommission/04-10-2014/Z-02-2014-407WestBroadStreet.pdf

There will be a 1-1.5 acre park-like area at the corner of Broad and Washington and POSSIBLY some retail at ground level along Washington Street.  Buildings built in an urban style along Washington. 

I like what this can help achieve for Washington Street. The site layout it nice. And, while it's not neccessarily a great use of land, I think it's probably the best we could ask for next to a homeless assistance facility.

http://www.greenvillesc.gov/PlanningZoning/PlanningApplications/Applications/2014/APRIL/PlanningCommission/04-10-2014/Z-02-2014-407WestBroadStreet.pdf

There will be a 1-1.5 acre park-like area at the corner of Broad and Washington and POSSIBLY some retail at ground level along Washington Street.  Buildings built in an urban style along Washington. 

Low density waste.....

Low density waste.....

Funny, just like your typical posts....

1 person likes this

Funny, just like your typical posts....

Vielen dank!   :thumbsup:

Lowering my standards a lot on this one.  It might be "good" for that location now, but what about in 5-10 years?  I hope we don't regret this one, but I bet we will.

1 person likes this

I wish GWS would move elsewhere. This is my dream location, including the colonial building, for a USC-U campus.

This will start construction in August, cost $9 million, and take 18 months to complete.

Anybody know what the status of this is? Construction has appeared to come to a halt.

Anybody know what the status of this is? Construction has appeared to come to a halt.

It looks like construction is getting ready to start. A temporary handicap access ramp was built to the front entrance and it looks like the corner of Broad and W. Washington is being prepped for temporary parking.

Well they maybe ready to start this project. Saw some guys out there this morning when I past there.

Well they maybe ready to start this project. Saw some guys out there this morning when I past there.

Customer parking has been moved to the lot on the corner of Broad and Washington, which has been enclosed in chain link fencing. There is a new walkway from the lot to the front entrance, where a temporary wooden handicapped ramp has been built. The perimeter of the remaining site has been fenced off as well, including the former auto glass company, cab company etc. along Washington Street down to the edge of the Miracle Hill property.

Thank for the pictures! Downtown Presbyterian is supposedly preparing for building an addition to their existing facility across the street. We could see lots of improvements coming to West Washington.

1 person likes this

A large boom crane is on site and the parking garage is under construction.

Well I went to a meeting last night about this project and a few things have changed. Instead of the elaborate park setting with the amphitheater seating and fountains, well we found out that we will have a park with a large expanse of grass, planting beds, a multitude of trees, and one fountain with an interesting sculpture of a Cherokee Indian. Not a generic version, like the one in linky stone park, but one that is more authentic. Matter of fact. It is going to be done by the same artist who did the shoeless Joe Jackson sculpture in the west end. And from my understanding it's gonna be big enough to be noticed. Can't wait to see it finished. He invited a few of us to see it while it was in a work in progress. But anyway the changes we're explained to us as budgetary and maintenance costs. Nothing to surprising though. But the biggest complaint was about the parking garage and how ugly it was. The CEO, can't recall his name, said not to worry cause it would be hidden from public view by all the plantings. The other concern was how to control the vagrants in the area from making it a hangout. So there was a discussion of maybe a police substation being at the far end of the building and a patrol car near the park most if not all the time. Overall everything else was fine and the estimated ETA on completion was April of next year. 

1 person likes this