Sign in to follow this  
skirby

Hotel and Apartment Projects in the Downtown LR Area

Chi is going before the LR Planning Commission in July to seek approval of 96 apartment units in the Boyle Building development in addition of the hotel already announced. The reports I have read do not say if the hotel will still be an Aloft. At least the is some action on this development.

21 minutes ago, skirby said:

Chi is going before the LR Planning Commission in July to seek approval of 96 apartment units in the Boyle Building development in addition of the hotel already announced. The reports I have read do not say if the hotel will still be an Aloft. At least the is some action on this development.

I truly hope that Aloft is still in the mix, but since it hasn't said, it's doubtful.  They were pretty public about the Aloft inclusion initially.

The Hilton Garden Inn is a work in progress with opening date set for late in the summer.

23pWJg.jpg

The Clayton on Scott is now pre-leasing with opening in September.  It would be nice if the overhead wires were placed underground.

ylZ8Kk.jpg

I truly hope that Aloft is still in the mix, but since it hasn't said, it's doubtful.  They were pretty public about the Aloft inclusion initially.

It's expected that a hotel will be the primary use of the development.  I'm not sure if Aloft is going to be the brand chosen but word is that the hotel element will still be an adaptive reuse, contemporary design.  The rezoning application filed with the planning commission was to provide flexibility in the building's use in the future so that apartments may be included at some point.  No word as to whether any apartments will be constructed as I'm told the overall plan for the structure is still hotel from top to bottom.  I do find it interesting that there's a zoning application with similar wording as the previously approved zoning for the Cohn Building next door.  

Edited by LRretail

2 hours ago, LRretail said:

It's expected that a hotel will be the primary use of the development.  I'm not sure if Aloft is going to be the brand chosen but word is that the hotel element will still be an adaptive reuse, contemporary design.  The rezoning application filed with the planning commission was to provide flexibility in the building's use in the future so that apartments may be included at some point.  No word as to whether any apartments will be constructed as I'm told the overall plan for the structure is still hotel from top to bottom.  I do find it interesting that there's a zoning application with similar wording as the previously approved zoning for the Cohn Building next door.  

Very nice.  Thanks for the update LRretail!

On 6/24/2017 at 1:01 PM, skirby said:

It would be nice if the overhead wires were placed underground.

^^This!  A thousand times THIS!^^

On 12/16/2016 at 0:28 PM, skirby said:

It has been almost a year since the last update, so here goes.

Hilton Garden Inn: topping out should be at anytime.

Boyle Building Aloft: no word if construction will restart.

Holiday Inn Express: located on the same block as the Hilton Garden Inn. Opening scheduled for the summer of 2018.

Vib: cancelled and property sold to MT.

Apartment Projects

K Lofts: no progress.

Main Street Lofts: no progress.

Capitol Lofts: no progress but a zoning application was before the board this week and a new developer is looking at the project.

Legion Village: completed.

615 Main: completed.

Scott Street Flats: 48 units under construction.

Donaghey Building: no further word .

The Paint Factory: 16 units located on the second floor of Cromwell Architects new HQ now under construction.

The Artisan on Collins: 75-80 units proposed.

Time for update.

Hilton Garden Inn: work continues with late summer opening reported by the developer. Picture of the rooftop bar/patio from Pinnacle's website.

dHb2Na.jpg

Boyle Building Aloft: developer is looking to reduce the number of hotel rooms an replace with apartment units.

Holiday Inn Express: still listed on Pinnacle's website as a future project.

K-Lofts: should be opening soon.

Main Street Lofts: construction should start up again at anytime.

Capital Lofts: now scheduled to be a hotel project.

The Clayton on Scott(Scott Street Flats): pre-leasing and will be opening in September.

Donaghey Building: nothing further on this project.

The Paint Factory: work continues on this project.

The Artisan on Collins: no further word.

Byrd Street Lofts: don't know anything about this project but AMR is showing a rendering of a project to be located next to Lost Forty.

If Moses Tucker follows their past project announcements something new should be coming before the end of the year.

• Like 1

Construction fencing down for the Clayton on Scott. 

OeVvuc.jpg

Work continues on the Hilton Garden Inn.

UmrbOR.jpg

The main entrance  will be on the opposite side facing Rock Street.

WIsO2q.jpg

OoWA9V.jpg

The LR Board of Directors will take up the rezoning of the Boyle Building Tuesday night. The Planning Commission approved the project and if all goes as planned maybe construction will resume soon on this project. The new zoning will provide for apartments to be added to the redevelopment.

On 8/14/2017 at 8:54 AM, skirby said:

The LR Board of Directors will take up the rezoning of the Boyle Building Tuesday night. The Planning Commission approved the project and if all goes as planned maybe construction will resume soon on this project. The new zoning will provide for apartments to be added to the redevelopment.

The board approved the change in zoning. Chi stated that work on the project would start "probably sooner rather than later".   ?

1 minute ago, skirby said:

The board approved the change in zoning. Chi stated that work on the project would start "probably sooner rather than later".   ?

He was also quoted as saying that the final product won't depart far from what was originally envisioned.  I hope that means that Aloft is still involved, but I'd be very surprised at this point, given the delays, etc.

Picture in today's Arkansas DemGaz shows the redevelopment of the old UALR School of Law and Arkansas Bar Association building. The building is being turned into condos and retail space. The building is located next to the DoubleTree Hotel overlooking the river.

Next month will mark the opening for a number of projects listed above. Mulberry Flats(K Lofts)  and the Clayton on Scott are leasing now for next month. Also, the Hilton Garden Inn is taking reservations for the end of October. 12 Start Flats in the Paint Factory plan to open in December.

On 10/7/2017 at 1:00 AM, theman said:

A new 35 unit apartment building has been announced for SoMa that will face the Villa Marie called Villa View.

Is this not the same project announced a year ago for this property?