Stone Avenue/North End

vicupstate

56 minutes ago, Gville2012 said:

Interesting - the lot directly to the right is owned by the same Westone LLC. Then the empty lot to the right of that lot is owned by http://www.southernid.com/ - Just bought in July. Then the three two smaller lots on the corner of Wilton and Stone are owned by LLCs called StoneWest 123 and StoneWest 125. Wonder if that Southern Land and Development company is putting all 5 together.

This combined with the 4 lots on the corner of Elizabeth and Stone being in one owners hands could continue the drastic change on the middle of Stone Ave. Ive always thought the used car lot and the tire shop would be ripe to combine as well for development.

I see the owners as Joey Hudson, Tlnm Properties LLC, StoneWest123 LLC, 125 West Stone LLC.

Westone LLC is the potential buyer of BECO's 1.1 acre property. Are the aforementioned linked in some way?

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, MAJIKMAN said:

I knew that there was alot of intereste in this property. Kind of glad this one materialized. The others I had heard about were going to get alot of push back from the folks in the neighborhood.  Especially the apartments mentioned in the article.  

DO you know how many units were being considered?   

Long of short of it is this. I went back in and talked to the guy who I got the initial info from about the potential buyers. He told me that a developer had approached them about building a multistory apartment building stretching from their property over to the property next door. Maybe a couple hundred units. He kind of said it in passing, the first time we spoke. But I think when this person came back he knew he was seriously considering it. But I said then that something like that happening there was slim to none. Traffic would've been crazy trying to get that many vehicles in and out of there. Unless you constructed a back road onto wilton.  But I know the folks in the Heritage Historic District and Viola Street were not gonna have that. So Im figuring they scrapped that idea. 

Now I can say this. If they hadn't built those cottage home directly behind there. And then plan to construct a driveway from townes to wilton then I could possibly see something like that. But that is a would of, should of, could of kind of thing. 

Edited by MAJIKMAN

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Gville2012 said:

I breezed through it but I thought I saw mention of Townhomes?

Good eye. But if I am reading it correctly, there is no mention of Townhouses on THIS property but there is 'an infill townhouse development is being proposed one parcel WEST of the BECO.

26 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

Good eye. But if I am reading it correctly, there is no mention of Townhouses on THIS property but there is 'an infill townhouse development is being proposed one parcel WEST of the BECO.

Interesting... I guess I just assumed these were West without actually looking. Possibly those are the lots we were discussing back in mid-August. Regardless, sounds like this whole block is in for big changes.

Anyone heard any rumors about what will become of the RiteAid/Sav-a-Lot store at Stone and Main? As part of Walgreens acquisition of Rite Aid they are supposedly divesting about 1000 stores. I would imagine the Stone and Main store would be the one store in the area they would want to convert to a full fledged Walgreens. The few that are left in the Greenville area seem to be close to existing Walgreens stores.

On 10/7/2016 at 9:44 PM, vistatiger said:

Anyone heard any rumors about what will become of the RiteAid/Sav-a-Lot store at Stone and Main? As part of Walgreens acquisition of Rite Aid they are supposedly divesting about 1000 stores. I would imagine the Stone and Main store would be the one store in the area they would want to convert to a full fledged Walgreens. The few that are left in the Greenville area seem to be close to existing Walgreens stores.

Id love to see them sell the land to a developer and someone do what was planned for the McBee CVS downtown. Build a mixed-use development there with Walgreens as the anchor and apartments above. Obviously I know this is a longer than long shot, but would be nice.

• 3 weeks later...

The West Stone/BECOS project got Planning Commission approval but no mention of the adjoining lots that are involved, 

The commission also recommended to City Council the rezoning of four parcels fronting West Stone Avenue for a retail, restaurant and office-space development, including a second Coffee Underground location.

Developers Pete Brett and Michael Fletcher are under contract to purchase the 1-acre property at 109 W. Stone Ave., home to Battery and Electric Company, a small engine parts store, along with other businesses since the 1960s. BECO is moving to a new location.

The property has historic significance, as it was also home to Star Cleaners, one of the first commercial buildings built on Stone Avenue in the 1920s, Brett has said.

There is approximately 18,000 square feet of existing buildings, which Brett and Fletcher said they would redevelop, not tear down.

westone-1

“There’s a very big need for commercial businesses along this corridor,” Mark Godfrey, a West Stone Avenue architect, said in support of the project. “It’s a growing area. There’s a lot of residents that may not want to go all the way to downtown to eat and drink and be merry. I support what they’re doing, especially the fact that they’re maintaining a lot of the existing structures and redeveloping instead of clearing a site and starting from scratch. I appreciate that as a designer.”

Brett and Fletcher hope to have a good mix of restaurant, general retail, office and maybe a fitness center or brewpub.

The second Coffee Underground location will occupy approximately 4,000 square feet. Owner Dana Lowie says she plans to expand her offerings with more food and restaurant space than the downtown location that’s been in business for 21 years.

The application from Westone Development LLC will go before City Council for two readings. Since the property was once home to a dry cleaner, the site is also under a DHEC voluntary cleanup.

If you look at the rendering, the parking lot opens up to the lots to the left. Could just be the way it was rendered, but I think there is more to this. Would love to see an entrance from Townes.

21 hours ago, vicupstate said:

The West Stone/BECOS project got Planning Commission approval but no mention of the adjoining lots that are involved,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Two new projects for Stone Ave. 

305 W. Stone Ave.: three residential lots will be carved from the rear of this office building.This will require a rezoning of the rear part to RM2 from OD.  The office building that fronts Stone will remain as an office. 

121 W. Stone Ave: 16 townhouses. This is a vacant lot just west of the Westone development.  

Community meeting on Friday, Jan. 6 at McPherson Park covering both projects.