Stone Avenue/North End

vicupstate

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the Stone Ave. master plan was done, it was based on a road idet with parallel parking on each side. The problem is being a US Hwy, the SCDOT and the feds have to sign off. I heard there was an idea to remove the US Hwy designation and do an alternate route. I guess that didn't go anywhere. 

That brings up parking at Westone; as a gathering spot it is likely to attract more cars than pedestrians even with the nearby residential housing and end up with more cars than parking spaces.   There is possibly some parking across the street which some businesses might consent to use as overflow after business hours.   

3 hours ago, vicupstate said:

It appears this entire projects has gone away and the land is being paved for Westone parking. 

I saw the curbing in, but they still have all the water/electric stubbed in? Didnt one of the newer designs have parking in rear and townhomes to the front as it is laid out?

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, vicupstate said:

So it seems the RITE AID or SAV-A-LOT may become a Walgreen's?

It seems odd that the first floor is Lease only but the second floor is available for purchase. 

Walgreens now own Rite-Aid. Rite-Aids that are within a mile of an existing WG has or will close. Several in our area have already closed. Other Rite-Aids will be converted to WG.

On 6/21/2018 at 1:42 PM, Gville2012 said:

I saw the curbing in, but they still have all the water/electric stubbed in? Didnt one of the newer designs have parking in rear and townhomes to the front as it is laid out?

Yeah, it looks like parking is only located at the back of the site with townhomes for the front. 

Demolition is about to start on the former James Dick Law Firm building on Main Street just north of West Park Avenue. Backhoe now on site.

And Westone’s first tenant to open Monday: http://www.wyff4.com/article/new-restaurant-other-businesses-prepare-to-open-in-redeveloped-stone-avenue-project/22132118?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=New restaurant%2C other businesses prepare to open in redeveloped Stone Avenue project&utm_term=wyff_news_local_breaking

Edited by gman430

4 hours ago, gman430 said:

I saw it on site this week.... any idea what is planned?

• 2 weeks later...

Design & Review Board has added this item.  Looks like 611 and 617 N. Main st. will be torn down and Townhouses will be added to existing TH complex on Townes.  

MD 18-003  Application by Jennifer Gosnell for a MULTI-FAMILY DEVELOPMENT on 1.323 acres located at 611, 617 N MAIN ST and 408 TOWNES ST (TM# 0004000101900; 0004000102100; 0004000101300)

Also:

This is the TH that were/are going next to Westone

i.    MFD 16-877M Application by COTHRAN PROPERTIES for a MULTI-FAMILY TOWNHOME DEVELOPMENT MODIFICATION on 1.8 acres located at 121 W STONE AV (TM# 000900-04-01900) (TM# 000900-04-02100)

On 7/27/2018 at 2:40 PM, vicupstate said:

Design & Review Board has added this item.  Looks like 611 and 617 N. Main st. will be torn down and Townhouses will be added to existing TH complex on Townes.  

MD 18-003  Application by Jennifer Gosnell for a MULTI-FAMILY DEVELOPMENT on 1.323 acres located at 611, 617 N MAIN ST and 408 TOWNES ST (TM# 0004000101900; 0004000102100; 0004000101300)

Also:

This is the TH that were/are going next to Westone

i.    MFD 16-877M Application by COTHRAN PROPERTIES for a MULTI-FAMILY TOWNHOME DEVELOPMENT MODIFICATION on 1.8 acres located at 121 W STONE AV (TM# 000900-04-01900) (TM# 000900-04-02100)

Do you have the links? I cant seem to find them?

This has been administratively withdrawn. I assume that means that this change does not require BRD approval. 

• 2 months later...

Not sure what , if anything is going on with the TH project next to Westone. Westone bought all but 1 of the residential unit pads on 9/13 for $1,760,000.  The seller still owns the common area and the solo residential pad.  Given how full the Westone parking is already, they may be buying most or all of the residential land for more parking and/or more commercial space.    

• 3 weeks later...