Stone Avenue/North End

vicupstate

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/6/2021 at 5:32 PM, GvilleSC said:

It's nice to see small projects helping build out the redevelopment of Stone Avenue. 

Looks like restaurant/bar on first floor and rooftop too. Nice to see more street level engagement.

Really need to see a redevelopment of the Rite Aid. They have new plans posted (all conceptual I am sure) and new listing agents.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gville2012 said:

large excavator was dropped off last week.

Anyone have any idea what this is going to look like? I assume this still has to go in front of the DRB?

They needed a rezoning but it is not in DRB's purview as it is not zoned C-4.

I posted this on 1/6/21 but here it is again: 

15-17 E. Stone Ave.  

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, vicupstate said:

^^ I've seen no renderings. The DRB is not involved. The only info is this: Townhouses at Stone and Elizabeth

Yea, thats all I've seen too. Would think they'd want to get some marketing out behind these to start pre-sales... at least that is what other similar projects have done well before ground breaking.

• 4 weeks later...

Kiss the proposed project next to Waffle House goodbye. Talk about a flustercuck among city council: 

https://www.postandcourier.com/greenville/real-estate/greenville-development-moratorium-likely-dead-but-confusion-reigns-while-compromise-brews/article_c00b8bb0-9c64-11eb-82fe-c3d9b6017b6b.html 

Edited by gman430

I went all the way back to June of last year and I don't even see this on their agenda.   Hopefully this project can come back somehow. This should have been postponed. DeWorken should have made it known beforehand that he was not going to vote.  The motion to approve should have been withdrawn and a new motion made to table it.   

8 hours ago, gman430 said:

Very disappointing. I was on the neighborhood meeting and absolutely no one objected and everyone actually found it strange the small strip of land was residential.

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Gville2012 said:

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/nordenonstone/

Here is what is coming to Stone/Elizabeth - These guys do great work.

blomdesignstudio : We have an exciting new project coming up in Greenville! Norden on Stone - 18 Scandinavian inspired townhome units right in the heart of North Main community.

I really like these! I like Stone's eclectic redevelopment vibe, and this will help add to that. Thanks for sharing!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2021 at 12:59 PM, Gville2012 said:

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/nordenonstone/

Here is what is coming to Stone/Elizabeth - These guys do great work.

blomdesignstudio : We have an exciting new project coming up in Greenville! Norden on Stone - 18 Scandinavian inspired townhome units right in the heart of North Main community.

These will definitely be high end. We looked into using BLOM for our renovation at our SFH in North Main. Just too far out of our budget, but high quality no doubt!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Canal Insurance moves headquarters to downtown Greenville office tower in ONE City Plaza

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/local/greenville/downtown/2021/10/20/canal-insurance-company-move-headquarters-downtown-greenville-one-city-plaza-bank-america/8468021002/

“Canal has had its headquarters at the current Stone Avenue location for 29 years. Plans for the old building are yet to be determined, said Macy Scoggins, Colliers' marketing coordinator. The property totals about 5 acres and is valued at $10.9 million, according to county property records.”