The Westin Music City - 27 Floors/320', 452 Rooms

Paramount747

I'm not a huge fan of the pattern design. It seems unnecessary and almost like an afterthought, so I won't be too disappointed if it isn't apparent. 

Though the design of the building itself isn't terribly exciting, I think it will work better once the JW and other towers rise.

• Like 2

The pattern is more apparent on the bottom where the white/silver mullions have been installed. They are not flush with the rest of the glass and mullions. I just don't get the different colors of glass. Hopefully they are going to install a film so that the windows look like the rendering.

• Like 1

Crowne Plaza would be a lot less striking (and that is no easy feat to accomplish with this design). I think you're right in the fact that this design feels less like a Westin and more like a Sheraton. However, I'm sure the inside will more than make up for the outside.

The JWMarriott will get the Guests that judge a book by its cover, and they'll have a fantastic experience because it'll be really nice. The Westin will rely on its branding to lure Guests. A lot of people love their product. 

I feel sorry for the old guard hotels in the cbd, they're about to become bottom-feeders.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, memphian said:

I feel sorry for the old guard hotels in the cbd, they're about to become bottom-feeders.

But unless the city suddenly overbuilds (which will take a LOT more rooms)...all of these downtown hotels will be making more $$ than they envisioned a few years ago.  Even the true "dive" hotels are often making over $200 / night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titanhog said:

But unless the city suddenly overbuilds (which will take a LOT more rooms)...all of these downtown hotels will be making more $$ than they envisioned a few years ago.  Even the true "dive" hotels are often making over $200 / night.

And it's not just downtown hotels.  I don't know what was going on last week that made hotel rooms in Nashville so hard to find, but friends looked for a room as far away as Cookeville, and even in Cookeville the Hampton Inn was charging $195 for a room.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks for sharing. The OxBlue construction cam has been down for some time. I contacted OxBlue and was told that the owner of the camera was installing a new cam. That's has been a couple of weeks already. I hope the windows are starting to make sense now.

• Like 1

People have said that the sides are just made of concrete, but are we sure that isn't glass that is simply covered, for whatever reason, with some sort of temporary covering?  It sure looks to me in that picture like there is a visible crease there and what looks like the outline of the windows visible behind.

7 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

People have said that the sides are just made of concrete, but are we sure that isn't glass that is simply covered, for whatever reason, with some sort of temporary covering?  It sure looks to me in that picture like there is a visible crease there and what looks like the outline of the windows visible behind.

Concrete panel. But yes, it is.

On 6/16/2016 at 5:22 PM, BnaBreaker said:

On 6/16/2016 at 5:30 PM, dmillsphoto said:

Concrete panel. But yes, it is.

What you see is definitely the final product. Showcased in grand form behind those panels are the regal fire exit stairs, so it wouldn't make sense to have windows on the side.