The Westin Music City - 27 Floors/320', 452 Rooms

Paramount747

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Vrtigo said:

I got sick of the "iCloud is full" messages on my phone, which prompted me to finally put all of these time-lapse videos together into one long string. It may be a snoozefest, but I hope someone enjoys. ^_^

At this speed, the airplanes look like meteors. Also, holy cow that crane is wobbly!!

• 9 months later...
4 hours ago, markhollin said:

Looking north from Palmer Place, 1/2 block west of 8th Ave. South:

Westin Hotel, Nov 1, 2018.jpg

I wish the contrasting color and diamond weave pattern were more distinct from every angle.  That would give it the appearance of being more than just glass box.

• Like 4

• 4 months later...
8 minutes ago, markhollin said:

The Westin has recently started a free jazz series at the L27 Rooftop Lounge on Wednesday nights from 8:30-10:30 (charge for drinks and food).

More info here:

https://www.l27nashville.com/27live

And here:

http://nashvilleguru.com/87928/27-jazz-at-l27

This is exciting.  My wife and I love to take visitors to L27 because of the spectacular views and the decent prices.  Now, we can hear good music too!

• Like 2

Most of the time, the jazz on Wednesday is performed by Stephanie Adlington who is outstanding.  The issue however is that too many large groups go who are not interested in listening to her fantastic music and talk loudly and party.  I'm not sure why the Westin  doesn't encourage them to go to the lobby bar to party and/or move the jazz to the lobby bar so you can actually hear the music. 

• Like 1