The Westin Music City - 27 Floors/320', 452 Rooms

Paramount747

So...it sounds that the tower will be butted against 9th (and not on 8th against the MCC)...with each end pointing north and south...meaning the "swimming pool of terror" is facing due north.

Is that what it sounds like to you guys?

As I understand the description, the Westin tower will be more or less directly behind/south of the shorter (office) Turnberry tower in the rendering below.     That will make an impressive little grouping of towers on that corner. 

8D24FY1.jpg

Edited by CenterHill
  • Like 2

I really don't want to be a downer... but let's all hope this design is not just a teaser and gets "modified" again and again before the final design is revealed like every other developer in Nashville does.

Ooops!!  I thought this was the JWM thread... I actually would like the Westin design to get modified (slightly).  Maybe it will after all... because they've increased the room number.

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1

From the Virgin Hotels website. Notice Nashville is not even mentioned:

Virgin Hotels seeks attractive boutique hotel development in the world's most dynamic cities.

Capitalizing on the Virgin brand's global appeal and cosmopolitan fan base, Virgin Hotels' target list includes major global cities (e.g. New York, San Francisco, Miami, Los Angeles, Boston, Washington DC, London, Paris, Madrid, Sao Paulo, Bogota, Mexico City). We are keen to discover properties ranging from smaller boutique hotels to larger high quality, luxury hotels with up to 400 rooms in appealing neighborhoods that will meet the expectations of travelers in the "creative class" - a culture and mindset that represent the values of our target guests. 

Once ready for business, Virgin Hotels properties will feature contemporary style AND great functionality, an efficient yet personalized experience, ample communal space and a signature restaurant.

• 2 weeks later...

Still no new renderings for this? I wish they would just release it already cause surely the design is finalized by now. At least you would think anyways... I hope we aren't left with those crude renderings they put out the whole time this thing is under construction cause I'm really interested to see how this is gonna look. 

Nashville Biz Journal article about the Virgin Hotel stated that the Westin groundbreaking is tomorrow. Hopefully there will be new renders.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/real-estate/2015/01/dean-chase-takes-charge-of-developing-virgin-hotel.html

No new render for the Westin...and still no render for Virgin.  Come on Chase...give us some eye candy!

• Like 4

I drove in a different route this morning so I can't confirm it's still there, but there was a big groundbreaking-esque white tent set up on the Westin lot when I drove by last night!

EDIT: Seems logical we'd get a final rendering at the event, right?

Edited by Vrtigo
  • Like 3