The Westin Music City - 27 Floors/320', 452 Rooms

Paramount747

The "Swimming Pool of Death" WILL be included!!  I'm so happy!

"Fee and Ross were among those on hand Wednesday to kick off construction of the 27-story Westin, which will include 454 rooms, a spa and a swimming pool and bar on the roof."

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/real-estate/2015/01/westin-groundbreaking-points-to-nashvilles-magic.html

• Like 2

WW did a fine job explaining the orientation of the Westin to the streets around it before this diagram was released. I found this today on the Post's piece about the groundbreaking...   https://www.nashvillepost.com/blogs/postbusiness/2015/1/14/ground_broken_for_westin_hotel

I find it interesting that only a small sliver of this project will even touch the roundabout.  I don't know Dismas House, and whether or not it is even "in play"... but I must say that a huge, tall building that curves with the roundabout would make quite a statement (a'la the Legislative Plaza and "Youth" at the end of Deaderick Street). See below. 

Screen%20Shot%202015-01-14%20at%2012.45.

2527927261_fdb2fb6c4d_z.jpg?zz=1

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 4

WW did a fine job explaining the orientation of the Westin to the streets around it before this diagram was released. I found this today on the Post's piece about the groundbreaking...   https://www.nashvillepost.com/blogs/postbusiness/2015/1/14/ground_broken_for_westin_hotel

....  I don't know Dismas House, and whether or not it is even "in play"... but I must say that a huge, tall building that curves with the roundabout would make quite a statement (a'la the Legislative Plaza and "Youth" at the end of Deaderick Street). See below. 

Screen%20Shot%202015-01-14%20at%2012.45.

That's a real oddity to me ─ The Dismas House having a presence there.  From time to time (off and on since 1978), I have done volunteer work at the one on 16th Ave So. (and old house half a block south of Horton Ave.  In case you haven't read up on it, D-H is a non-profit with a few homes in several states throughout, used deploy parolee's to residence in transition.  This one appears to have hosted usually no more than about 15 dwellers at any given time.

I'll have to check on my sources and see what's going on with that specific detail in the plan proposal. (does anyone know whether or not anything is actually located in that nook at present?) The only advantage that I can rationalize here is that only one or two residents can afford to own any kind of car, and perhaps a KVB roundabout site can provide better transit options (on MTA's "radial" bus system).  Just a thought.  Definitely a dichotomy of a match-making, to say the least.

-==-

Holy schmoke!!!!!  If that's the building, then that thing will be MASSIVE... up close... as well as on the skyline.  

However... (yes, there is a very BIG HOWEVER), that bears a striking resemblance to the previous Westin proposal for Broadway at the Trail West site.  Isn't it odd that a model from 7 years ago that we've never seen before would be dredged up for a story on a completely different building?  Just pondering! 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2

That model looks like the dead hotel proposal for the Trail West building to me as well. 

It seems like Channel 4 is too lazy to find the actual renderings for their articles. They used a rendering of the proposal for the old convention center in an article about Skyhouse on Facebook a couple of months ago. 

• Like 2

News 2 is a little better. Still the same render we have already seen.

http://wkrn.com/2015/01/14/city-breaks-ground-on-30-story-hotel-in-downtown-nashville/

I would love to see a nighttime HD render.

Guess we will have to wait. Gosh, since DF Chase is doing the Westin, I guess we will never see a render for the Virgin Hotel... Since they are doing that project as well