The Westin Music City - 27 Floors/320', 452 Rooms

Paramount747

More are coming. Bridgestone will likely have two cranes given how large it is. The Thompson hotel site will get one in 2-3 months I would think. There will also likely be one at the Crescent site on Division, and 1818 Church will have one. And I can't think of any that will be coming down no anytime soon. The SESAC HQ building will likely be the first to come downtown that I can think of, and that won't be for 6 months probably.

In response to the rumor that a hotel was going to the location of Nippers sporting goods, I spoke to folks in the store and they said they were not going anywhere. I have heard this before but they seemed surprised and thought I was talking about the Lifeway campus.

I knew this looked familiar. I saw the rendering five or six months ago, but it was not reported. I knew it was around that area somewhere.

In response to the rumor that a hotel was going to the location of Nippers sporting goods, I spoke to folks in the store and they said they were not going anywhere. I have heard this before but they seemed surprised and thought I was talking about the Lifeway campus.

I knew this looked familiar. I saw the rendering five or six months ago, but it was not reported. I knew it was around that area somewhere.

I appreciate the reconnaissance, but if a deal were going down why would the people working in the store have any idea? The workers of the Sub Shop didn't know about the Skyhouse deal until it was almost finalized.

Crane base is poured and first segment installed. This could rise today or tomorrow.

It appeared today from my office in the AT&... Cummins Station that they were pouring additional concrete down into the hole--probably for the crane base. My guess is that we will not see anything rising here until the concrete has several days to cure.

image.jpg?w=451&c=1

Passed through Birmingham yesterday on way back from Florida and did not see a single crane from the I-65 vantage point, making what we are seeing in Nashville clearly not typical of all of the Southern cities.  There certainly could be some that were not visible, but you get a pretty clear look into the downtown Birmingham area.  As a side note, ran into a number of people from all over the South at a meeting in Florida and as soon as you introduce yourself as being from Nashville, literally 100% say how they love Nashville and what a great city it is. 

• Like 4

Crane base hasn't changed at all--still a lonely single segment stuck in the ground waiting patiently for the concrete to cure.

However(!), the caissons are beginning to take shape on the side facing the MCC. One has concrete forms roughly 20' high, so we are well on our way. Nothing to see aboveground (don't they need additional permits for that?), so I can't provide any pictures yet from my distracted gazings out my office window.

Soon, very soon.

• 3 weeks later...