The Westin Music City - 27 Floors/320', 452 Rooms

Paramount747

Been meaning to mention that I appreciate the Westin site keeping their adjacent sidewalks open during construction, at least so far.  I suspect a lot more projects could do so with a little effort.

Agreed, agreed, agreed.  Nashville needs to become an "grown up" city in this regard.  The closing of sidewalks and multiple lanes of traffic around projects is out of hand, and beyond anything I ever see in other, larger cities. It almost seems that contractors are free to do whatever they please in this regard.  Besides the obvious examples downtown,  check out the residential projectin Hillsboro Village, over at 19th and Belcourt.  For months, they basically took over the entire streets surrounding that project.  A times I saw cherry pickers parked in the middle of Belcourt Ave. over night.   

But back on topic, kudos to the Westin builders.  They seem to be a professional outfit all around.  

• Like 3

Agreed, agreed, agreed.  Nashville needs to become an "grown up" city in this regard.  The closing of sidewalks and multiple lanes of traffic around projects is out of hand, and beyond anything I ever see in other, larger cities. It almost seems that contractors are free to do whatever they please in this regard.  Besides the obvious examples downtown,  check out the residential projectin Hillsboro Village, over at 19th and Belcourt.  For months, they basically took over the entire streets surrounding that project.  A times I saw cherry pickers parked in the middle of Belcourt Ave. over night.    

Our Mayor-elect spoke to this subject during one meeting I attended with her this summer.    I would look for the next administration to put pressure on Codes to issue fewer closure permits and require contractors to use protective scaffolding to keep pedestrian ways open.       

• Like 1

Our Mayor-elect spoke to this subject during one meeting I attended with her this summer.    I would look for the next administration to put pressure on Codes to issue fewer closure permits and require contractors to use protective scaffolding to keep pedestrian ways open.       

Yes, when I visit major cities, they don't close sidewalks, they just cover them up so pedestrians can still use the sidewalk.