The Morris, 19 stories, 332 units, retail, $75 million

Paramount747

• 1 month later...

M Residences gets permit for outer shell (from Nashville Post):

"Lennar has landed a permit for the shell construction of its 19-story mixed-use M Residences in Midtown. Hoar Construction is serving as the general contractor. The permit does not offer a dollar amount. The tower is rising at 818 19th Ave. South."

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, AUNash said:

It's amazing to me how many substantial projects are going up that will impact the feel of the city. This is a prime example and I don't even think about it very often. The difference in Nashville from 2008 to 2018 is going to be really remarkable.

Yup. I was reading this thread and back in 2014 they were talking about how Nashville's midtown could be like ATL's midtown (highrises, with a mix of low rises/midrises). That was 2 years back. And I def see it. So much development happening in Midtown. I hope we get a second skyhouse like Charlotte did.

Another point that was made was how Green hills could be the buckhead of Nashville (both are extremely wealthy and upper class suburbs, and buckhead has skyscrapers, high rises, and such) I don't see that happening, too many NIMBY's. If they could've got that lil building in GH built at the original 22 stories, then that would influence developers to come to GH and work. But I dont care, I don't really want suburban skylines like ATL, just creates sprawl. keep it in the core.

I love looking at messages in threads from way back and comparing them to now.

• Like 2

Midtown is well on its way. We aren't going to have the size and scale of ATL, but what we have over ATL imho is that our downtown is vibrant and a real draw almost 24/7. I think ATL has improved a ton in the last few years, but the historic downtown still feels a little deserted in the evenings.

• Like 2

Starting the 15th floor.  Just 4 more to go.

Looking north from near intersection of 19th Ave. South and Chet Atkins Place:

The_Morris_1,_Oct.JPG

Looking south along 19th Avenue South near Division:

The_Morris_2,_Oct.JPG

Looking SW from Music Square West near the Division intersection.  Adelicia condo tower is in the background:

The Morris 3, Oct.JPG

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...