The Sliver Tower |17-22 Floors |170-220 feet | Rumored

Paramount747

This has been a rumor for many years, and I recall there was a published rendering some years ago. I have heard from some others this may become a reality. The property has been marked, and since The Gulch is hot, I am wondering if Giarratana or someone else is looking to develop this site.

Sliver towers are not uncommon. In fact in many cities like NYC, I have seen buildings no more than 20-25 feet wide.

Lets discuss without anything official yet.  I'll try to find the rendering.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has been a rumor for many years, and I recall there was a published rendering some years ago. I have heard from some others this may become a reality. The property has been marked, and since The Gulch is hot, I am wondering if Giarratana or someone else is looking to develop this site.

Sliver towers are not uncommon. In fact in many cities like NYC, I have seen buildings no more than 20-25 feet wide.

Lets discuss without anything official yet. I'll try to find the rendering.

This would obstruct my view of 40 and midtown but would be fun to watch construction and make 12th and Division feel pretty dense.

We already have a sliver building ....

CentralPrecinct_zps116e0afa.jpg

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but what is the purpose of the warehouse-esque portion in the rear of the precinct? I was so confused when they were building this thing, and frankly still am.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but what is the purpose of the warehouse-esque portion in the rear of the precinct? I was so confused when they were building this thing, and frankly still am.

NES substation, if I'm not mistaken.

Huh. Very interesting considering there is another substation just a few blocks away (where the KVB bridge takes off at the base of Rolling Mill Hill)... I agree with the silly placement of the thing. At least they disguised it well!

The installation at the foot of the KVB bridge is not a substation but generating station. The old trash incinerator is now a natural gas cogeneration plant that provides steam to the CBD.

Also, the NES substation was not moved farther down into SoBro because the MCC budget would not pay for the relocation.

I don't think there is a sliver building proposal. The original people that had the lot with the proposal has sold it. Not sure who the owners are now. The staking at the property site could be due to a potential sale for boundary location markers.

If there is a proposal I think someone would have heard about it. I know of several potential projects and this was not one of them. There are a lot of lots that are more desirable than this one that could be developed first. This one is just too small. There are several problems with this lot. One being access in and out, as this is  pretty much at an intersection. Two would be limiting going below grade because of the proximity of the interstate property line. Three, a large building at that location would be a logistics nightmare. Maybe someday there will be something, but I don't think it will be large.

Sorry about this one John, I just do not agree. I really hope you can prove me wrong, but don't think so.

I guess I should probably add something to this thread other than my suggestion that we should have tacos rather than hot dogs.

Here's a lil somethin somethin I did a while back when architecture was fun. It's been a while, but I think the site was 25' wide and 75' long (I guess that's why this relates to this thread). I'm just going to post the elevations for now because I'm lazy, but if someone posts a pic some tacos I might post the floor plans and a rendering or two. I think the total height was 75' or so. 

WestElevation_zpsfcd168bc.jpg

SouthElevation_zps1b67e596.jpg

NorthElevation_zps89065848.jpg

Excuse the lack of a scale or anything else that's missing. 

Archived