New design for Suntrust Plaza

doormanpoet

The reason there has not been a sign is because there is a brand new design which looks nothing like the one that had been previously released. The Nashville City Paper will have the new rendering on Thursday Morning before the ground beaking ceremony. No other publication has seen the new design and The Nashville City Paper will be the first to run it.

The height will be a "tall" 13. 180-190 feet, about the size of Palmer Plaza. It will be glass and marble with a 3 story marble base. The "14th" floor will be the cap, or the "Hat" that will have the new Suntrust logo on it. The building will be long with fins. From the Bellsouth looking toward the Renaissance, the building will appear as a tall building because of the fins, lot, and cap at the top.

This will be a great addition to the skyline especially the east facing west view. The density will greatly be improved with a pedestrian plaza and park attached.

Look for it in Thursday's City Paper!

John :D

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reason there has not been a sign is because there is a brand new design which looks nothing like the one that had been previously released. The Nashville City Paper will have the new rendering on Thursday Morning before the ground beaking ceremony. No other publication has seen the new design and The Nashville City Paper will be the first to run it.

The height will be a "tall" 13. 180-190 feet, about the size of Palmer Plaza. It will be glass and marble with a 3 story marble base. The "14th" floor will be the cap, or the "Hat" that will have the new Suntrust logo on it. The building will be long with fins. From the Bellsouth looking toward the Renaissance, the building will appear as a tall building because of the fins, lot, and cap at the top.

This will be a great addition to the skyline especially  the east facing west view. The density will greatly be improved with a pedestrian plaza and park attached.

Look for it in Thursday's City Paper!

John :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Awesome news...I'll be on the lookout for it Thursday.

Also, at about 190 feet, it would be about the height of the state capitol.

I have an afternoon meeting today which should end in plenty of time for me to get down there. I'll see if there's a rendering and will snap a photo of it. I'll try to pick up some details while I'm there.

The most important thing to me is that parking lot will now forever be GONE!

Boardering on 4th and Commerce is a great location. It is a great trifecta. There will be a nice step ladder from the Suntrust to US Bank to Bellsouth. Just like on 4th and Church we will have the Quad Squad. The L&C, The Virdian, 201 fourth Avenue North, and 424 Church.

These groupings are very cool!

Archived