JW Marriott - 385' - 34 Floors

smeagolsfree

With the MDHA's approval...there is something they say that I'm wondering what it means...

It also approved Turnberry's plans along Demonbreun Street, which consist of trees and metal panels, with the possibility of the developer coming back two years after the JW Marriott opens if no development has happened on the adjacent vacant parcel.

What do they mean when talking about JWM coming back in two years after opening if no development has happened on the adjacent parcel?

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2016/04/05/celebrity-chef-restaurant-planned-jw-marriott-nashville/82641446/

6 hours ago, Philip said:

To reconsider the office tower would be my guess.

Yeah...I was just wondering why "two years"?  Does that mean they HAVE to make some type of decision what to do with that land by then...or that they would have to wait two years before doing anything?  Just didn't quite make sense.  I figured they could hold onto the land as long as they wanted and even do nothing if they wanted.

• Like 1

The wording makes it sound like the trees and paneling was approved as long as something is eventually developed, otherwise it wouldn't be approved. It buys them some time think up something to do with the lot. I thought office space was in high demand so I was surprised when they dropped the second tower.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Philip said:

The wording makes it sound like the trees and paneling was approved as long as something is eventually developed, otherwise it wouldn't be approved. It buys them some time think up something to do with the lot. I thought office space was in high demand so I was surprised when they dropped the second tower.

Yeah...I think they may kick themselves for not going ahead with their original plans.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, fieldmarshaldj said:

^Gee whiz, I've seen archeological digs proceed faster than this. :rolleyes:

Oh check out the apartments under construction on Franklin Pike south of 23Hundred. They were moving dirt for over six months. Unbelievable.

• Like 1

• dmillsphoto changed the title to JW Marriott - 385' - 34 Floors - Blasting
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, wreynol4 said:

How long until blasting is done? A

The drills are still crawling all over the site and we continue to [be mildly startled by] multiple blasts each day.

Could be a while still, methinks.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

They are currently blasting where the Crescent building will go. Looks as if they will go ahead and dig that hole as well.  It would be great if they both rise at the same time.

Hasn't been much blasting recently, actually. There's definitely drilling ongoing on the Crescent site along 9th Alley. I wouldn't be surprised to hear some more kabooms soon enough...

The J.W. excavation is getting pretty deep. I wouldn't be surprised if they finish before too long.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

They are currently blasting where the Crescent building will go. Looks as if they will go ahead and dig that hole as well.  It would be great if they both rise at the same time.

Holy crap I've already forgotten about that beast!