JW Marriott - 385' - 34 Floors

smeagolsfree

I'll believe this when it's open for business. Until then, I'll put this in the bulls*** category. These guys had so much legal and bankruptcy problems in the past, I call this whole thing BS.

Could be like the guy who bought 100 N. Main in Memphis who is being sued for fraud by his investment partners and has backed taxes. 

I've always found it funny or interesting when people who are developing property decide they no longer want to pay the architects or contractors; even when they have the money. I worked on a project a few years back that had roughly a 1 million dollar budget. The developer/owner wasn't going to have any problems paying for the design services, but due to the speed of the design being completed and the plans going out for bid, his scheduled payments to the firm and contractor over lapped. He was for sure that this was a mistake and decided that he no longer needed to pay the architecture firm. It's also pretty dumb how people that in no way, shape, or form can afford to develop stuff...Strings comes to mind...actually sit down to develop it.

We should develop a tower. We have architects, the media, maybe an accountant or two who can screw with the numbers, even NASA...they sky is the limit. I want to be on channel 4 though. 

• Like 1

@ Arkitekte (for some reason I can't quote)

Were you referring to me on "even NASA" or is there someone else here working at NASA too?  I don't remember ever coming out about that here.

Probably referring to timmay (don't know if he works for NASA, but he did go to UTSI).

Hello all! This is my first post, I have watched this forum for years and even though I live in Knoxville now, have always loved Nashville since living there for a short period of time years ago. 

I have no doubts that this project will be built and it is the one I am most excited about after seeing Turnberry's latest tower that has just been completed.

I hope the attachment works. It is a picture of the 25 story Turnberry Tower in the Roslyn business district of Arlington, VA....right across the Potomac from D.C. The picture really doesn't do it justice...and if the Nashville project looks this good, especially with 2 towers, I believe you will all be happy.   

post-19626-0-70068400-1406554053_thumb.j

Edited by troyboytn
  • Like 3

It's a pet peeve of mine when I see renderings of a big spectular buildings, then read the article saying plans are to start construction in 36 months. 

I like how The Pinnacle Building was not overally marketed, some of Ray Hensler's buildings (to a degree), and Northwester Mutual site. 

With the sale of the UMP building not final (I do not believe), I am fine with not seeing a rendering yet. However, I hope we do see one soon!

It's a pet peeve of mine when I see renderings of a big spectular buildings, then read the article saying plans are to start construction in 36 months. 

I like how The Pinnacle Building was not overally marketed, some of Ray Hensler's buildings (to a degree), and Northwester Mutual site. 

With the sale of the UMP building not final (I do not believe), I am fine with not seeing a rendering yet. However, I hope we do see one soon!

I bet it's the guitar shaped building, only one of those Mexican guitars that are massive fat with 6 thick strings.

Edited by Urban Architecture

I would have more faith if we saw even a preliminary rendering.

I'll believe this when it's open for business. Until then, I'll put this in the bulls*** category. These guys had so much legal and bankruptcy problems in the past, I call this whole thing BS.

They already said they're working on designs. Give them some time UA. This project was just announced a few months ago, if that. Besides....what bearing does a rendering have on whether this project is gonna happen or not?

Something tells me that even IF there was a rendering, you would still be calling this project BS. 

Edited by mirydi

They already said they're working on designs. Give them some time UA. This project was just announced a few months ago, if that. Besides....what bearing does a rendering have on whether this project is gonna happen or not?

Something tells me that even IF there was a rendering, you would still be calling this project BS. 

I just don't let myself get sucked in. These projects, especially with a $300,000,000.00 price tag are extremely rare to happen in Nashville, and no matter how "hot" or "it" we are does not mean the banks think so. I remain cautiously optimistic.

^I understand, I guess. I try not to get sucked in either, but at the same time it never hurts to be optimistic every once and while either. You should try it sometime... :console:

P.S. I apologize if I come off a little harsh towards you at times, UA. I try not to, but sometimes you just frustrate the hell out of me...Lol! 

... I try not to get sucked in either, but at the same time it never hurts to be optimistic every once and while either. You should try it sometime... :console:

My personal philosophy is that we spend more time anticipating things than actually experiencing them, so it makes sense to be a deluded optimist enjoying all the wonderful things the future has to offer.  Sure they'll let you down sometimes, but by then you'll be happily anticipating something else...

• Like 4

I just don't let myself get sucked in. These projects, especially with a $300,000,000.00 price tag are extremely rare to happen in Nashville, and no matter how "hot" or "it" we are does not mean the banks think so. I remain cautiously optimistic.

You do get sucked in though. :)

• Like 3

• 3 months later...