JW Marriott - 385' - 34 Floors

smeagolsfree

6 hours ago, TNinVB said:

I was wondering what has been going on with the JW.  I am beginning to think this is as tall as the crown is going to be. Seems like by now another section would have started to rise If it was going to.

I may have been seeing things but I could have sworn yesterday I saw them start to install the glass panels above what they’ve already done. 

1 hour ago, Pdt2f said:

I may have been seeing things but I could have sworn yesterday I saw them start to install the glass panels above what they’ve already done. 

Yes.  Glass panels are going up now.  No other significant bracing or structure in place to indicate the crown is getting any higher.

Welcome to the forum tokiorose. Thanks for your input and I agree 100 % as the crown is being, and almost finished based on what I see in the photos.

Welcome and if you feel so inclined, tell us a little bit about your background, No pressure. We do have forum meets the first Saturday of the month and we would look forward to meeting you. 

• Like 1

Relax guys, it may not be done yet. Perhaps they’re just finishing some interior structures before putting all the glass in. I think I saw some heavy construction equipment on the roof earlier, maybe they just want to finish whatever they’re doing up there first before putting in the very breakable glass panels? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

Relax guys, it may not be done yet. Perhaps they’re just finishing some interior structures before putting all the glass in. I think I saw some heavy construction equipment on the roof earlier, maybe they just want to finish whatever they’re doing up there first before putting in the very breakable glass panels? 

It’s not the glass panels that are in question. The steal frame would need to rise higher as well and It has been at it’s current height for a few weeks now. Hopefully they will finish it to look like the rendering. Eithere way, I think it’s a nice building but would hope for the higher crown (or whatever it is) so it looks more  proportional.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, nativetenn said:

I guess the thing that sells me on the Indy one is the color of the glass.  I really would like to see some more renderings for high rises using a similar shade of glass as the One Nashville Place. I know it's kinda retro, but I really dig the dark colors.

The Westin would look infinitely better with this shade of glass. Dark glass just looks damn good. 

• Like 2