JW Marriott - 385' - 34 Floors

smeagolsfree

Surprised to see that old hulk of a building, the beige 5-story building at the opposite corner still standing, as that's where the Curio/Embassy is going.  I've always thought it's such an unusual building with the ground level parking. Obviously it's old.  So what sort of business would have needed something with covered parking spots like that 60-70 years ago?  Was that a retail business?  Or were those parking bays needed for trucks to load/unload cargo? 

5 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Surprised to see that old hulk of a building, the beige 5-story building at the opposite corner still standing, as that's where the Curio/Embassy is going.  I've always thought it's such an unusual building with the ground level parking. Obviously it's old.  So what sort of business would have needed something with covered parking spots like that 60-70 years ago?  Was that a retail business?  Or were those parking bays needed for trucks to load/unload cargo? 

I don't think that building is very old. 1960s or '70s, perhaps even '80s, I'm not sure. It's apartments for a Substance Abuse Facility. Has a cross embedded on the top floor.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Renderings released of interior elements of the JW Marriott.  If you go to the article, there is a description that goes with each slide (I tried posting each image here, but the site is not allowing them to be uploaded for some reason).

http://www.tennessean.com/picture-gallery/money/real-estate/2017/02/28/first-look-inside-the-new-jw-marriott-nashville/98532370/

• Like 4