JW Marriott - 385' - 34 Floors

smeagolsfree

4 minutes ago, bigeasy said:

I would love if we could have some exciting lighting in the city. I feel like the Omni tried to do something cool, but to me it looks very low budget. I keep hearing that Bridgestone will be good looking, so I hope so. TheBatman building isn't at it's full potential either, as in an eye of Sauron projected between the spires.

I support an eye of Sauron project

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Alex Palmer might get an "eye of newt" project going from that hole on West End Avenue! Double double toil and trouble...:tw_bawling:

That is for sure a cursed piece of land. The Mason's must have hexed it when he tore down the lodge that was at part of the location. Who knows, it could have been a Indian burial ground.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bigeasy said:

I would love if we could have some exciting lighting in the city. I feel like the Omni tried to do something cool, but to me it looks very low budget. I keep hearing that Bridgestone will be good looking, so I hope so. TheBatman building isn't at it's full potential either, as in an eye of Sauron projected between the spires.

I agree. I think the Batman building should bring back it's old lighting scheme pre at&t. Leave the LED lights but for petes sake adjust the brightness and the way the light cans are angled against the facade. 

• Like 3

About three times that when completed.... Nice!  Also starting to see how nice the curves of the podium will look along 8th Avenue. That angle really lessens the intrusive impact of a near-40 story building at that corner with the narrow Demonbreun Street.  Imagine if the feds had selected the opposite corner for the new courthouse. I've thought a new courthouse there could be angled similarly, with built-in (integrated to the design) bomb-proofing... but I guess just its presence there would be too tempting for some nutjobs. 

I would love to know what the designer of the Westin actually think of the end result. The interior looks cool from what I have seen but the exterior windows are sad. I know they can't look at it and say wow that turned out so nice. Too bad there isn't a way that window tint could be applied. Ok end of Westin rant. Back to the beautiful JW!!

• Like 1

Do we know when Zach Liff will start to develop the huge parking lot across from Cummins Station? That is so prime and would almost complete the development of that entire area from Demonbreun to 8th.