JW Marriott - 385' - 34 Floors

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, TNinVB said:

I still don't see why a mixed use of office, residential, and hotel can't be built in order to get some height. It happens in other cities. And yes, I know this is Nashville....

We're getting all of that in 5th and Broad, just in two separate towers.    The site and land acquisition cost allows room to spread out.    The plus with that project, though, will be the retail/pedestrian experience.      

Sort of digressing from the Bridgestone topic.    The new signage looks nice.   :)  

Oh wait, this is the JWM thread!   

Edited by CenterHill
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, TNinVB said:

I still don't see why a mixed use of office, residential, and hotel can't be built in order to get some height. It happens in other cities. And yes, I know this is Nashville....

My point exactly.  If there was available office space for a company looking to house 200-300 employees, there are no options and a company that small will not build a tower!  That's another reason why Maryland Farms and Cool Springs are great options. 

Build an 800 foot tower with a main tenant but leave 200,000 + sq foot of space for other tenants.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TheRaglander said:

My point exactly.  If there was available office space for a company looking to house 200-300 employees, there are no options and a company that small will not build a tower!  That's another reason why Maryland Farms and Cool Springs are great options. 

Build an 800 foot tower with a main tenant but leave 200,000 + sq foot of space for other tenants.  

I can't decide if living in the same building that I work sounds like heaven or hell. It certainly would save me TONS of time for my commute, but I probably work much longer because of the convenience.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

I think so. With three floors in the pedestal and the 14 there, it appears they're actually right at it. So they're approximately half way up as far as the final height 34 floors plus a 3-story cap. 

Sure seems like the final height would be more than 385' with 34 floors and the 3 story cap.  That's the equivalent of 37 floors...and you usually get at least 11' per floor averages (usually a tad more) on hotels.  37 floors at 11' would be 407'.   

• Like 1

On 5/15/2017 at 5:12 PM, Skyscrapergeek said:

I think the shortness was due to:

A. Their timeline - much taller building would have taken too long.

B. They wanted the building to        themselves - already going to be a nightmare parking situation.  Friend on mine will be working there and said there will be different schedules for employees so everyone isn't arriving and leaving at the same time. 

C.  The blunder of forgetting about 250-300 employees - DOH!

Any other building/tenant/city, a taller building with spec would have been a no-brainer.  Nashville' motto: Plan tall, build short, regret later.  <_<

OR...it could have simply boiled down to these two words:

"Cost savings."