JW Marriott - 385' - 34 Floors

smeagolsfree

On 8/21/2017 at 11:36 AM, titanhog said:

^^Great shots!!  As far as the "two more floors to go"...it definitely appears that when they said 34 floors, they weren't counting that 2-3 story crown...so this should be equivalent to 36-37 floors when completed, right?  Which, again, tells me this thing will end up over 400ft.

I don't know; I hope so.  A friend of mine worked on the design of the panels for the ring and mentioned that the wind study for the JW's design was for 400 feet tall as he recalled.

Edited by tragenvol
wording

34 minutes ago, tragenvol said:

I don't know; I hope so.  A friend of mine worked on the design of the panels for the ring and mentioned that the wind study for the JW's design was for 400 feet tall as he recalled.

I'm just more or less talking about how they've listed it at 385'...but with the floor count + crown, it has to be taller than 385' (IMO).  

Is it me or does that highest floor look taller than the others? Also, we should see the part that protrudes out (balcony I'm guessing) if this is actually the 34th floor.

Edit: After looking at the rendering, it does look like the top floor his taller than the rest. 

Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 11.08.00 AM.jpg

Edited by TNinVB
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, titanhog said:

^^So...is the floor that's just been topped the restaurant floor...or will it be the floor they are now constructing?  They both look a bit taller than the other floors.

I think you are correct. If you look at the rendering that I posted above, you can see that the floor below the restaurant floor is a little taller than the rest of the floors below it. It is kind of hard to see because of the balcony. If you look to the rear of that floor you will see what I am talking about. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TNinVB said:

I think you are correct. If you look at the rendering that I posted above, you can see that the floor below the restaurant floor is a little taller than the rest of the floors below it. It is kind of hard to see because of the balcony. If you look to the rear of that floor you will see what I am talking about. 

So everything going upward from here is the crown...right?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, titanhog said:

So everything going upward from here is the crown...right?

Well I am not 100% certain, but based on the rendering above, I believe so. It appears that the next bit of concrete they pour will be the roof of the final floor. I guess we will know for sure when we see the balcony portion starting to protrude out the front. 

• Like 1