JW Marriott - 385' - 34 Floors

smeagolsfree

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

Would it be correct to say this is the nicest building in the South (not including Atlanta and Miami)?

Absolutely not. Bank of America Corporate and the Hearst building in Charlotte blow this away. And their are many others. It’s a nice addition to our skyline, but that’s about it. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wreynol4 said:

Absolutely not. Bank of America Corporate and the Hearst building in Charlotte blow this away. And their are many others. It’s a nice addition to our skyline, but that’s about it. 

Not even close, there are multiple buildings in Charlotte and Atlanta alone that blow this out of the water.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:03 AM, wreynol4 said:

I  agree on BoA Corp. Center but IMHO, Hearst is tragically ugly. A building which spreads near the top rather than taper may be imaginative but certainly does not equal attractive.

Edited by troyboytn
  • Like 2

It's almost impossible to plant street trees this time of year and have them survive the heat.      Most of those will have to be replaced in the fall.        

But overall the landscaping and the street level architecture is going to be nice.       

• Like 2

Thanks for all the picstures! Unfortunately I couldn’t make it home this year for the 4th to check out the progress in person.  This really is a handsome building.  I like how the underside of the metal door canopy is lit. If I recall, the underside of the balcony is to be lit the same way. As far as the balcony, the change has grown on me. I noticed the other night from Earth Cam’s  Nashville camera that there is some sort of lighting protruding from the crown on the back side facing the Westin. I wonder if these are temporary since there are only three. I was thinking maybe they are testing lighting against the facade. I’ve included a pic so you all can see what I’m talking about. 

EF2E712F-D248-4DCC-8E63-84F6C60BA922.jpeg

Edited by TNinVB

7 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

Drove by the JWM at around 12:30 am and they were hard at work. I guess they’re working through the nights trying to get it opened ASAP. 

Someone from the JW Marriott team told me that they're taking on guests by the end of the month. It'll be fully operational within a week or two.

• Like 3

Drove thru Indianapolis today and noticed what I thought was a new JW Marriot west of Lucas oil stadium. I had to look it up only to find that it was completed in 2011. It had dark blue glass and looked very nice from the interstate as I drove north towards Columbus. A tall building in Nashville with similar blue glass would be nice to have. 

2F2F7074-ADAC-47EE-A5AC-3D2DE80CA067.png