JW Marriott - 385' - 34 Floors

smeagolsfree

11 hours ago, bigeasy said:

When it comes to star rating, or just quality, would this rank towards the higher end in Nashville? How do these hotels compare to something like The Westin or Omni?

It’ll have to be rated before we know what star quality it is, but I would agree with @japan. If I’m not mistaken @BnaBreaker knows a bit more than I do about the star rating process though. 

I guess weather makes a big difference because Sept is a bit more "reasonably" priced than Oct.  

1 hour ago, Jamie Hall said:

Imagine those rates for NYE, CMA fest or July 4th. Ugh.

You can book Dec 31 for $529. Or just stay there around Christmas for only $273

Edited by bigeasy

4 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I am a budget traveler, so I will never pay those prices. That's one of the reason I have not gotten to NYC or San Fran is because of out of sight prices.

You do seem to travel a lot.  Haven't you built up enough points with a chain to get a free room?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, japan said:

You do seem to travel a lot.  Haven't you built up enough points with a chain to get a free room?

Takes a lot of stays at budget hotels to get a free room.  I drive when I travel, so no airline miles either. I am just a cheap guy and sometimes its a backpacking trip and camping. No Glamping for me either.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I am a budget traveler, so I will never pay those prices. That's one of the reason I have not gotten to NYC or San Fran is because of out of sight prices.

You just gotta look hard and use sites like Priceline and Hotwire. We stayed at the courtyard in midtown Manhattan in October for $107/night. 

• Like 3

You know, seen from that angle it seems we might have a new complement to the Batman building...

818799655_Geordi_La_Forge_2364.jpg.c46fc6a31c710989b1fd8b0c8ef3318a.jpg&key=1cd35c9cfeef6cc38154ff48665d46e815ded121815ffacde41cb44c3b2cd98f

I always thought that this prop was hilarious back in the 80s when I was watching this show as a kid; to me, it totally looked like my sisters “banana clips” that she used for her hair (which were popular at that time.) I would put one on my head over my eyes pretending to be that character.[emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/18/2018 at 3:57 PM, smeagolsfree said:

Airbnb is a lifesaver. I booked a room on the beach near Charleston, SC for $75 per night. Adjacent hotels were upwards of $250 per night.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...